GoDuBois.com

Does anyone know where. ..Clyde's Kendall Gas Service Station The Cabin DuBois Pa.

Borninabarn

About a half or 3/4 of a mile north of the Jefferson County line.  After the straight stretch, you'll go into a curve bearing left (when traveling north).  There are a few house trailers on the right and a few newer homes on the left.  The station was on the right a dozen yards or so past the road going up to the house trailers.  There may be remnants of a circular driveway to the station still there and up to a couple of decades ago, there was a 50's era Pontiac rusting away in the weeds.

I believe there were cabins to rent behind the station, at one time.

The other possible location that had cabins and a gas station would be on the old Rt. 119 going into DuBois, around where Quashnock's Appliances is now located.  There were also cabins out back for rent at that location.

That's the place I was thinking of--South Main Ext. and Thunderbird Rd.intersection- The Alahambra(SP) Cabins. Tried posting earlier but computer decided to act up.

That's the place I was thinking of--South Main Ext. and Thunderbird Rd.intersection- The Alahambra(SP) Cabins. Tried posting earlier but computer decided to act up.

What makes me think, though, of the other place is the sign that was there up to the past decade.  Fairly certain it was a Kendall sign.

Another old gas station was further down the road towards Sykesville, almost across from what is now the Eagles.  Don't remember what kind of gas was sold, but it also sold boats (name was "Sallack Marine Sales").  The Eagles in that time frame was an ice cream/hot dog place called "Zimm's Diner".

I know of the cabins near Quashnocks but can't figure out where the first ones you mentioned were Antonius. What is there now that I might recognize?

I believe it is "Maple Dale Road" that turns off of 119 and runs to West Liberty Road, almost across 119 from where the old gas station once was.