GoDuBois.com

my bushes and plants 2014

Bon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol!!! i can just imagine what my hubby would say if I said I bought a $100 bush!!!

These are things that husbands do not need to know. Like how many pairs of shoes you have or maybe how much chrome you have on your motorcycle.  Although that last one would be pretty hard to hide. 

A lot of people don't know where Hollywood is, believe it or not!! Others think 15 miles outside of DuBois is a long way out of the way ..lol.

I understand completely.  I am amazed by the people who have a life that rarely exceeds a 20 mile radius of their home and think anything outside of that is on a another planet.

I worked with a man who thought a big trip was to go over the mountain to see a race at CMS.  Then they had a child that needed to go to Pittsburgh for some medical consultations.  Hello wake up call.  That's the mentality of some people who if they were going to Altoona or State College would need at least a week to plan the trip and prepare mentally, and we seem to be surrounded by they.

lol!! We used to go to Altoona or State College or Renovo quite a bit after work. It's only an hour to either place!!  We used to go to bike night at the Quaker Stake & Lube on Wednesday nights in State College and still be home before midnight and get up at 5 to go to work. There are many people who think DuBois is far away from St Marys ...it's 27 miles!!!!

I guess because we go all over the place on the bikes that we don't think of the distance, we enjoy the ride!!!

when I lived in VA I would come home alot of weekends, 4-41/2 hrs was just a drive.....to get friends from here to come down there.... :rofl: 

OMG..my son and d-I-law live 2 hrs away you would think we were on the other side of the country. I reminded him when he lived in DuBois it never bother him to jump in the car and drive to P-burgh for ballgame,concert or just to hang out and drive back in the same day. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We went to town on the rock garden & rose of Sharon when hubby came home. I know its the wrong time of the year, but....

the ROS bushes in back of the house got 2'-3' haircut

cut the pinxster down about a foot.

Gave 3 yuccas to our neighbor along with some cactus.

Also cut my peonies down. They were bent over to the ground because of the storms & wind.

If anyone want some cactus, come & get it!!

I dug out half of my bed of asters a couple of days ago. Somebody took about half a wheelbarrow full. She doesn't know the work she just bought herself!

I've still got a lot of winter kill to prune off. I'm an optimist but I think some of this stuff is really, truly dead.