GoDuBois.com

grubs

I bought a powder at Hanzely's nursery. Those little buggers were eating the roots of my bushes and they didn't grow for a year or two. Yikes. I sprinkled some of that powder in the dirt and haven't had a problem since. It is supposed to last 6 or 7 years too, I think. Good luck.

P.S. Maybe dig them up for fishing bait? lol

Do you mean slugs? That is what beer works on. You can use diatomceous earth or ashes around the plants. That cedar mulch works as well. They supposedly won't crawl across a ring of copper wire either.  If you mean grubs, as in Japanese beetle grubs, you want to get the lawn treatment stuff that has the milky spore bacteria in it. It takes a few years but it rids you of the grubs and the adult beetles.

there is no way I am picking those things up for fishing. I'll stick to worms. lol My dughter used beer for grubs and it worked for her. They were definately grubs. They are most hidious things I've ever seen. yuk yuk yuk!!!!! Thanks for the suggestions though.

Epsom salts work great on slugs.  Sprinkle directly and watch them melt - kind of like the wicked witch on Wizard of Oz.  I'm not usually cruel but those things are plain gross and devour my flowers worse than anything.

Gross and grosser! Wonder what grossest would be? I know table salt dissolves slugs. Epsom salts is a new one. You can set up a slug ambush by putting a flower pot or rock in the problem area. They will crawl under it to get out of the sun. They you come by with your Epsom salts and its, "I'm melting, I'm melting!"

This is all-out war with no Geneva Convention.

I had  friend who would go out into her garden at night with a flashlight and find them in droves.  She had a knife she reserved specially for her night time jaunts but sometimes she bagged hundreds.  That's when they are mainly out feeding and you can see them easily.