GoDuBois.com

Rattlesnake Bill Smith

Bon

I was talking to a member on here about Bill Smith of Weedville and his little zoo he had. There were some pics at my moms from when we went there, but they all burnt up this spring. Anyhow ... this monument is up at the Mt Zion Historical Park and thought I would post pics of it. Do any of you remember this place???? He was located on Rt 555 right  at the T of Plum and 555. If you know where the Methodist Church and cemetary are, right on the other side of Redwood is where he was.

DSCN5755.jpg?t=1405695333DSCN5756.jpg?t=1405695339

I lived in Kersey until I was 9. Basically the only places we went in the valley before that was Grandma's in Caledonia & The White Horse!

Thanks for posting this.  I remember him well.  My dad used to gather up any snakes he came upon and take them to Bill, I always got to go along when he went to Bill's place so I could visit his zoo and listen to his stories.  

LOL, yup!!! If I remember correctly, he had all types of snakes there .. copperheads, blacksnakes, etc.

Does anyone remember, or remember hearing of,  the "Lobo" wolves at Kane?...In the 40's/50's someone had a few in a makeshift display. They were a minor tourist attraction. I  vaguely remember  seeing them once.

Does anyone remember, or remember hearing of,  the "Lobo" wolves at Kane?...In the 40's/50's someone had a few in a makeshift display. They were a minor tourist attraction. I  vaguely remember  seeing them once.

I just text a friend who has lived in Kane his entire life. He is 73.

He said .... Yes we went there all the time we would go on sunday watch them get fed

Yes, Grandma & Grandpa are still living. I had heard them mention Bill's garage over the years, but never paid much attention & didn't know he kept snakes until you mentioned it.