GoDuBois.com

The Best Way to Scoop Hard Ice Cream

Pompeii

• Administrators

Sometimes your ice cream will freeze to the point of being rock solid. You can get around that with some precise grid cuts made by a sharp, warm knife.

America's Test Kitchen's YouTube channel has the scoop on how you can excavate the cold, creamy goodness. Take your sharp knife and run it under warm water briefly. Then make cuts about one inch deep in a grid-like formation, spacing cuts about an inch apart as well. Run your spoon or ice cream scooper under some warm water, and each section should come out with ease.

I have the BEST ice cream scooper.  It has gel in the handle that gets warm from your hand.  I have never had a trouble scooping ice cream.   You can't put it in the dishwasher, though.  BF ruined one by doing this, so I bought another.  I am buying at least 3 for Christmas gifts this year.

(Got it from the home party cooking utensil catalog)

I have the BEST ice cream scooper.  It has gel in the handle that gets warm from your hand.  I have never had a trouble scooping ice cream.   You can't put it in the dishwasher, though.  BF ruined one by doing this, so I bought another.  I am buying at least 3 for Christmas gifts this year.

(Got it from the home party cooking utensil catalog)

Could you put the info on where to find that scoop on here?

The Pampered Chef Recalls Ice Cream Dippers Due to Impact Injury Hazard

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 20, 2011
Release #12-062 Firm's Recall Hotline: (877) 917-2433
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908 The Pampered Chef Recalls Ice Cream Dippers Due to Impact Injury Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Ice cream dippers

Units: About 20,000

Distributor: The Pampered Chef, of Addison, Ill.

Manufacturer: The Zeroll Company, of Fort Pierce, Fla.

Hazard: When the liquid-filled ice cream scoop is exposed to warm water, the cap and seal at the end of the scoop handle can fly off with substantial force, posing an impact injury hazard to nearby consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: The Pampered Chef has received 16 reports including damage to kitchen items and six reports of personal injuries including lacerations, bruises and redness caused by caps coming off the base of the handle.

Description: The dippers are metallic gray aluminum with a plastic dome-shaped cap on the base of the handle.

Their new ice cream scoop

2731-sm.jpgIce Cream Scoop  $9.50

Ice Cream Scoop

The pointed head cuts through hard ice cream and scoops down to the bottom of the carton. Scalloped edges scrape the sides and top. Handle protects your hand from the cold metal. 7

Electric Ice Cream Scooper for the impatient

by Mike

electric-ice-cream-scooper.jpg

When you want ice cream at home, you want it instantaneously. Waiting for the ice cream to thaw, while only taking minutes, seems like hours. You