GoDuBois.com

Dessert Recipes

Pompeii

Mine was always "weeps" until my mother in law told me to use whole milk instead of 2%. so much for lower fat content in the pie. I tried it and they were firmer. also if you add more eggs that helps too. Also if you're using frozen berries be sure to let them drain good so the juice doesn't thin the custard. This is the one I use. You can cover the edges of the crust so they don't get too brown. Just uncover them before it's done baking if you want them a little browner.

EASY CUSTARD PIE     

4 eggs

1/4-1/2 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 tsp. vanilla (optional)

1 1/2 cups milk

Nutmeg

Cinnamon

Pastry pie shell

Blueberries

Beat eggs slightly, add sugar, salt and milk. Gently stir in berries.Pour in unbaked crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven for about 350

Guest tompepper

you need to add flour or cornstarch to the mix to thicken it a little.About 1 table spoon,mix with the  sugar before adding to the mix so it don't get lumpy.also it won't weep.

My recipe I finally found was real close to this one, but the recipe called for 1/2 cup bisquick and 1/4 cup of oleo.....I found it before this was posted, so I used it...hubby said it was good!!  ;)

Mine was always "weeps" until my mother in law told me to use whole milk instead of 2%. so much for lower fat content in the pie. I tried it and they were firmer. also if you add more eggs that helps too. Also if you're using frozen berries be sure to let them drain good so the juice doesn't thin the custard. This is the one I use. You can cover the edges of the crust so they don't get too brown. Just uncover them before it's done baking if you want them a little browner.

EASY CUSTARD PIE     

4 eggs

1/4-1/2 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups milk

Nutmeg

Cinnamon

Pastry pie shell

Blueberries

Beat eggs slightly, add sugar, salt and milk. Gently stir in berries.Pour in unbaked crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven for about 350

• 1 month later...

Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Pie

Makes: 8 servings

Pecan Shortbread Cookie Crust:

1 1/2 cups lightly packed crushed shortbread cookies

with pecans (16 cookies)

3 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Filling:

1 cup sugar

3 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

3 eggs

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

1 tablespoon milk

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients until crumbly. Press firmly on bottom and side of ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake about 12 minutes or until light golden brown.

In large bowl, beat sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and both packages of cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup. Add all remaining filling ingredients except milk to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Pour into crust.

In small bowl, mix reserved 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and the milk. Spoon over pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pie plate one-fourth turn and repeat. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Cool 30 minutes. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.

Special Touch:

There's really no need to garnish this stunning marbled pie, but if you can't resist, just add a dollop of whipped cream, a chocolate leaf or an edible flower.

Variation:

Put a slightly different spin on this pumpkin delight by using a store-bought graham cracker crumb crust instead of the cookie crumb crust you make yourself.

• 2 months later...

Microwave Cake  ---- 1-2-3 Cake found on www.pinterest.com       On cake mixes on one site said 1 cake mix had to be Angel Food. Not bad for some thing quick.                                                              

1-2-3 Cake. Mix one box of any flavor of cake mix and one box Angel Food cake mix in a lg ziploc bag or in a sealable bowl. Store mixture until you get the urge for dessert. Put 3 tbs of the mixture in lg coffee mug and stir in 2 tbs water. Microwave for one minute for a single serving of cake! Top with fruit, ice cream, whipped cream, etc.

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators
http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/recipes/slow-cooker-carrot-cake/ Slow-Cooker Carrot Cake

This classic cake gets a slow and easy makeover.

By America's Test Kitchen | November 1, 2013

slowcooker-carrotcake-653x400.jpg

icon_atk_WTRW.pngWHY THIS RECIPE WORKS: This humble cake really shines when the balance of sweet shredded carrots and vegetable oil is just right, ensuring a moist, tender crumb. All too often, however, this cake dries out in the oven, unless you use a lot of oil. It turns out the slow cooker makes it far easier to produce a moist carrot cake without using all that oil. For a flavorful carrot cake with a moist, but not wet, texture, we tested different amounts of grated carrots and oil, both of which can weigh down the batter. In the end, 3/4 cup of shredded carrots and 7 tablespoons of oil provided enough flavor and richness without making the cake soggy or greasy. As for the spices, we found that a small amount of cinnamon and a pinch of cloves offered ample spice notes. Finally, the combination of baking powder and baking soda gave our cake the right amount of lift. This cake is great dusted with confectioners

Guest zackrspv

Crestless Pumpkin Pie

Healthier version (no crust, can be gluten free)

Healthy-Pumpkin-Pie_thumb.jpg

• 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 cup flour (Almost any will work, including all-purpose gluten-free, but not coconut flour) (42g)
  • 1/3 cup xylitol or brown sugar (You can use a liquid sweetener. It

EASY CUSTARD PIE     

4 eggs

1/4-1/2 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups milk

Nutmeg

Cinnamon

Pastry pie shell

Blueberries

• 4 weeks later...

Five-Minute Fudge (from Rachel Ray)

1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet or milk chocolate morsels*
9 ounces (3/4 of a 12-ounce bag) butterscotch morsels*
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) can walnut halves, chopped
1/2 to 1 cup currants or raisins

11 x 7 pan, lightly greased with softened butter or Pam spray

Candied cherries, red and green, for wreath garnish, optional

1. Place a heavy pot on the stove and preheat it over low heat.
  2. Add chips and milk and stir until chips are melted and milk combined.
  3. Save the empty condensed milk can if you want to make this look like a wreath.
  4. Stir in vanilla and remove fudge from heat.
  5. Add nuts and currants/raisins and stir in immediately.
  6. Spoon hot mixture into 11 x 7 pan for squares, or into a round pan or mold for a wreath.  Use the milk can in the center of the round pan if not using a mold.  The fudge will set up almost immediately, so garnish can only be added in the first minute or two if you are making a wreath.
  7. Decorate your fudge wreath with "holly" made from cut candied red and green cherries or with a pretty fabric bow when serving.
  8. Chill covered in the refrigerator.

*   I used the 11 ounce bag of each type morsel and it turned out fine

• 3 weeks later...

Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake

Crust:
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup chopped vanilla wafers
2 tbsp melted butter

Filling:
1 1/2 lbs. cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
16 oz sour cream
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon juice

Directions:
1. Crust: Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch butter spring form pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan and then set aside.
2. Filling: all filling ingredients should be at room temperature before mixing.
3. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
4. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process.
5. Add the sweetener a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
6. Add one egg at a time and continue to beat after each egg.
7. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese add the flour, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix well.
8. Add the sour cream last and mix well.
9. Pour the pie filling into the spring pan.
10. Place the cheese cake on the top rack of of a 325 degree preheated oven and bake for one hour and fifteen minutes.
11. After baking, prop open the oven door and let set for one hour.
12. After one hour, remove from oven.
13. After the cheesecake cools, place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours before serving."

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators

5-Minute Chocolate Cake

This recipe is a little different from the one i posted a few years ago.

INGREDIENTS:

4 tablespoons flour - make sure you measure it right - or the cake is a lie!

4 tablespoons sugar

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa

2 tablespoons whisked egg - 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tblsp is just right!

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips

splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon

For a fudgier version, omit egg.

• 6 months later...

Mayonaise Cake

3 cups flour               3tsp baking soda

1.5 cups sugar             1.5 tsp Vanilla

1.5 cups miricle whip      6 tbsp Cocoa

1.5 cups cold water        Dash of salt

Add everthing together, using a mixer, mix em up good, grease cake pan and bake 325 45 to 50 min.

Cracks will form on top when done.

Thanks for sharing this, my mom used to make it when I was a kid and someone stole all of the cook books I had of hers.  I was just thinking of this the other day, laughing at the looks on my kiddos' faces when I mentioned not having had one in a long time.  :)  Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend :)

• 1 year later...

Recipe for Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad

Stir together:

1 bag of miniature marshmallows
16 oz of vanilla yogurt
1 regular size tub of cool whip
1 package of nobake cheese cake filling

Stir in
1-2 containers of sliced up strawberries
3-4 sliced up bananas

Other fruits can be substituted or added as desired

Best served chilled and same day due to nanner discoloration lol

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

My donuts in the air fryer...

1 can Pillsbury biscuits (Grands flaky layers original)

Butter

Sugar/cinnamon

Set air fryer at 330....for 4 minutes.  Cut out the middle of each biscuit. Place 4 in at a time...use the middles to make donut holes. After the 4 minutes...brush melted butter, and dip into sugar/cinnamon mixture. Then you can do the same with donut holes, run at 330 for 2 minutes.

20190312_124349.jpg