GoDuBois.com

Seafood Recipes

Pompeii

• 1 year later...
Guest snellma

I've got a great recipe for frogmore stew.  It's probably not what you think when you hear the word stew.  It is small red potatoes, small corn on the cob, sausage, shrimp, and any other seafood you want to add.  It is cooked in a big pot and then get's dumped out on a table covered with newspapers.  Everyone just comes up and grabs what they want.  Just let me know if you want the recipe.  We try to add clams and crab legs when we make it.

• 4 months later...

Shrimp and Rice Casserole (makes enough for 9 x 13 pan)

2 cups uncooked rice

2-3 lbs. shrimp cut into pieces

1/2 onion chopped

1/2 bell pepper chopped

few strips of bacon

16 oz. Thousand Island drsg. (maybe a little more)

Cook the rice as the recipe says.  Cook the shrimp.  Cook the bacon and cut into little 1/4 - 1/2 in. wide strips about 2 in. long.

Combine all the ingredients except bacon and place in 9 x 13 pan.  Lay bacon strips on top.  Bake at 350 for about 40-45 min.

So simple and easy, but very good tasting.  Serve with any kind of salad and garlic bread.

• 10 months later...

Parmesan- Baked Salmon

1/4 cup Mayonnaise

2 Tbsp.  Grated Parmesan Cheese

1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)

4   salmon fillets (1 lb.), skin removed

2 tsp. lemon juice

10   RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs)

PREHEAT oven to 400

• 5 months later...

Potato Chip Encrusted Haddock

* 2 tbsps olive oil .

* zest of 1/2 a lemon

* fresh ground black pepper .

* 2-3 lbs Haddock

* 1 (5 1/2 oz) bag kettle-cooked potato chips .

* sea salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 400

• 2 years later...

Trying this one tonight...

Baked Italian Whiting Fillets

1 1/2-2 lbs Whiting Fillets

1 quart Stewed Tomatoes in Juice

Italian Bread Crumbs

1-2 eggs

Olive Oil

Garlic Powder

Worcestershire Sauce

Marinate fish fillets in Worcestershire sauce garlic powder. You can add more spices as you wish to cover up the stronger fish taste. Let it sit about 1/2 hour. Use the olive oil to coat the roaster. Coat the fillets in egg and Italian bread crumbs. Lay in a single layer in the roaster and fill space with stewed tomatoes and sauce. Cook at 425 degrees until fish is cooked to your liking. (Time depends on thickness of fillets.)

• 1 year later...

I bagged the cajun seasoning last night and tried this recipe out instead on the trout.  It turned out pretty darn good!!

Grilled Rainbow Trout with Citrus and Cilantro

4 boned whole fresh trout (about 10 ounces each)

2 tablespoons olive oil

salt and freshly ground black pepper

8 thin orange slices

8 thin lemon slices

8 thin lime slices

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, plus sprigs for garnish

Prepare a medium fire in a covered charcoal or gas grill. Oil the grill rack.

Brush the trout inside and out with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Laying the trout open, overlap 1 each of the orange, lemon, and lime slices along one side. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the chopped cilantro, then fold the trout over to enclose the filling. Secure the opening with small skewers or wooden toothpicks. Grill the trout for 5 minutes. Use a wide spatula to turn it carefully. Grill 4 to 5 minutes longer, until just cooked through.

Serve garnished with the remaining citrus slices and cilantro sprigs.

• 5 years later...

Cajun Shrimp Linguini

I always change things a bit. I did use salt in my pasta water. Instead of all green peppers, I used a mix of green, red and orange ones. I also added a little zucchini that I had on hand.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cajun-shrimp-linguine

Ingredients

• 6 ounces whole-grain linguine or fettuccine
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's)
  • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
  • 3/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half

Nutritional Information 

How to Make It

Step 1

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup pasta cooking liquid.

Step 2

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine Cajun seasoning and shrimp in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp mixture from pan. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.

Step 3

Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add red pepper and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add reserved 1/3 cup cooking liquid, salt, bay leaves, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaves. Remove pan from heat; stir in shrimp and pasta. Stir in half-and-half. Cook 1 minute over medium heat or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme.

• 1 month later...
Guest miriamdiazmm

GALICIAN STYLE OCTOPUS

Typical Spanish dish

The Galician style octopus is an octopus dish typical from Galicia, a region in the northwest of Spain. This region is known for its seafood tradition, with this recipe being spread to the whole country as it’s one of the best and probably the yummiest way to prepare octopus (in my opinion) with a few cheap ingredients. On top of that, it’s quite an easy recipe to make, both for cooking lovers to experts.

Ingredients for Galician style octopus (4 people)

·        Boiled, about 2 to 3 kg.

·         Paprika, spicy or sweet, according to taste.

·         3 or 4 medium potatoes

·         Thick salt

·         Olive oil

Steps to make Galician style octopus (4 people)

1.   First, we boil the potatoes. We pour plenty of water with a handful of salt into a casserole, and we put the potatoes in it. We bring it to boil and let it cook for about 30 min. When we prick with a knife and it comes out of the potato without difficulty, they will be ready.

2.   Let the potatoes cool and peel them. Then, we cut them in slices about 0.5 to 1cm thick approx. and place them on a plate. A wooden plate is traditionally used, but you can do it on a ceramic one.

3.   Chopped the boiled octopus in small pieces, about one finger thick. It’s easier to use scissors than a knife for the cutting. Then, put it on top of the potatoes.

4.   Finally, season with a large amount of paprika on top, a drip of olive oil – extra virgin better – and thick salt.

And that’s it! We have our Galician style octopus ready to eat.

Extra tip: if you prefer to eat it warm, put it in the microwave for about 30 secs. Enjoy!

Screenshot-2018-2-14 Pulpo Gallega Fotografías e imágenes de stock Getty Images.png

Screenshot-2018-2-14 Pulpo Gallega Fotografías e imágenes de stock Getty Images.png