GoDuBois.com

Laundry Soap.........

picksbughfan

Guest snellma

I used one of the little 2 tablespoon medicine cups that come from cold medicines as my scoop. (For the dry detergent.) It works really well.

That's a good idea.  Thanks.

I have been using it for about 4 days now and I am very pleased with it so far.  I have noticed that my sons work clothes have always had a certain smell, ( I call it the smell of swamp water) and I have never been able to get the smell quite completely out, but since using this homemade soap, I have not noticed it.  I just did  some of the clothes he wore last night and they smell just like clothes, not swampy!!!  

I went and bought all the ingredients and made the powder yesterday.  I am going to try it today.  I had put one of the medicine cups in it, too.

BTW, Riverside in Reynoldsville has all 3 ingredients.  The powders are in the laundry aisle and the soap is actually with the regular soaps in that store.

I went and bought all the ingredients and made the powder yesterday.  I am going to try it today.  I had put one of the medicine cups in it, too.

BTW, Riverside in Reynoldsville has all 3 ingredients.  The powders are in the laundry aisle and the soap is actually with the regular soaps in that store.

Thats where I got everything too.  I'll have to leave the lid off from the liquid bottle to see if it gets thick again?  Its not as thick as it was when I first made it but it still cleans.

I'm glad everyone is liking the stuff.....the smell is really so fresh, and I do like how it makes clothes smell like the dried outside, even after they come out of the drier!

Tomorrow is my day to make up a batch or two of powder, I usually make double batches and full a big old plastic tub with the powder.

The little goes a long way really works with this stuff!

Guest snellma

Kittymommy,

If I make enough batches as I have ingredients will it keep (powdered version)?  I bought like 5 bars of Fels and just figured I would make the entire batch.  That way I will have it.

Still have one more batch of peaches to do and then the peppers, so may get around to making it on the weekend.

Kittymommy,

If I make enough batches as I have ingredients will it keep (powdered version)?  I bought like 5 bars of Fels and just figured I would make the entire batch.  That way I will have it.

Still have one more batch of peaches to do and then the peppers, so may get around to making it on the weekend.

It should, I make three batches at a time, and it keeps just fine.  Just use a nice plastic container with a good lid.  Just so it stays nice and dry.

Reynoldsville Bilo is out of Fels...unless they restock it tonight...I bought the last two today.....

*grin*

I think I'm going to stop at the Dollar General by Kmart tomorrow and see if they have any Zote left.....sounds like good stuff from what I've read.

I haven`t made my homemade washing detergent yet.  I have made it in the past, and it works great.  My daughter mrsc made some last week with Zote. She said it jelled real good, and smells good.  I bought Zote also, and may use it this time.  I googled it, and it can be used for laundry soap, dishes, scrubbing floors, and even as a bathing soap.  It was mistakenly sent to Dollar General next to KMart.  Zote is used in Mexico.  I usually use Fels soap.  Your clothes will have a fresh smell after using the homemade detergent.  

Guest snellma

I just got done making my first five batches and now I can't wait to use it.  We still have some regular detergent left and I want to use that up before starting the homemade stuff.  It was so easy to make.

Since it it is so easy and so cheap I will probably be using it as my Christmas gifts for work this year.  I have about 25 people that I try to make something little for and I think this would be the perfect thing.  Who knows, I might be able to get a little business on the side from it.

I have the stuff for the window and bathroom cleaner but need to get another spray bottle for it.  My neighbor gave me a recipe for dishwashing soap so I am also going to try that.

I found every ingredient for the laundry soap at Martino's in Brockway.  They had em all.

Now THAT is a surprise!!! :shok:

I'm anxious to try this recipe out, but have to use up my stock of various detergents...down to 4 containers! :roll:...maybe by the time school starts.

has anyone had an allergic reaction to any of their home-made laundry soap?  I am allergic to alot of soap powders and wonder if this is better.  I know I can't use ivory because, yes, I am allergic to it.

has anyone had an allergic reaction to any of their home-made laundry soap?  I am allergic to alot of soap powders and wonder if this is better.  I know I can't use ivory because, yes, I am allergic to it.

I have to watch what I use but I've had no trouble so far.  I've used it several days now.

Guest snellma

Snellma - How much do you put in each load?  It's not the four cups, is it?

2 TBsp.  Haven't made it yet, so don't know if it is cost effective.  The neighbor has used it and said it works great.

Only problem I have had so far is once in a while I find a trace of the Ivory soap on an article or 2 of the darks. Mustn't always disolve in the cold water. I need to remember to look for the Fels next time I am at Bilo. (Was in and out of there the other day, forgot!)

Guest snellma

2 tbsp. in each compartment in the dishwasher or 2 total.

2 tbsp. total.  Every dishwasher I have owned only has one compartment - didn't know there was more than one :)