GoDuBois.com

ANY STORIES ON LOCAL LEGEND?

Zilch1

Many years ago I heard of a local man that was a legend of sorts.I may have his name wrong but it was Buzz Majardi or something close to it. Many years ago there was an article about him in the Courier.I was wondering if anyone knew him or of him and cared to share what they knew of him whether factual or historically interesting.Thanks.

I was told he was a recluse who lived in a shack where Christ The King Manor is now located.He lived off the land and was said to have super strength. I told a guy I worked with about him and he would not believe me about his feats of strength.I am hoping someone knows of these stories so they can be read about so he might believe the stories.My father in law used to know him and he echoed all of the stories that were in the Courier article.

I remember Buzz doing odd jobs for people when I was a young lad. He once hand dug a ditch for a neighbor probably 50 feet long and 3 feet deep for a water line from the house to the curb with a pick and spade. He was a very strong and dirty looking older man. I distinctly remember the brown pants he had on and for some reason the front pockets were cut out exposing his dirty looking legs.
Now being fair he was no threat and I remember him being kind and a hard working man just making money doing manual labor to live on.

My mother who use to feed the bums that hung around the old B & O shops by the big Sandy Bridge still didn't want me to hang around Buzz, but of course I still use to go over and watch him work. :)

Buzz Bajardi....he was a legend. In late 60s I think it was, he was found dead in his "house."

I think he had family in Sykesville. Older members of my family spent time visiting Buzz. My other half knew him too. I definitely remember the article in the paper. When I was a little girl, I remember him walking past my grandmother's house on Long Avenue. He always carried a sack over his shoulder, and when I asked my dad what Buzz had in the sack, my dad always said "cats." I think Buzz actually had a few cats ..he was a gentle man from what I was told ...

I think his name was Buzz Bajardi. I remember him when I was a child and the storys of his "super strength". Was just talking about him with someone the other day.He lived in a shack where Christ the King now is. I had heard then he could lift a railroad car. He never seemed to bother anyone. I also would be interested to know more about him.

Yeah I remember him.   Very kind man, very dirty.   Kids would go up to him and ask him to bend a coin.   I think he did once, but did not like people hanging around him.   Just did was needed to get done and left.    His shack is still up down the hill from CTK.  

I believe three guys senselessly beat him almost to death with a tire iron and he died not long after that.I heard quite  few stories of his feats of strength from first hand witnesses.From all accounts he was a nice guy that just kept to himself and never bothered anyone.

I believe three guys senselessly beat him almost to death with a tire iron and he died not long after that.I heard quite  few stories of his feats of strength from first hand witnesses.From all accounts he was a nice guy that just kept to himself and never bothered anyone.

Did they catch the three guys?