GoDuBois.com

Pics Show The Difference A Day Of Adoption Can Make To A Shelter Pet

Pappy

1-728x400.jpeg

9.jpeg

8.jpeg

15 Before & After Pics Show The Difference A Day Of Adoption Can Make To A Shelter Pet

February 3, 2015 by Arjun Walia.

I found these pictures floating around on the web and had to share them. I grew up with a dog who was abandoned and dropped off at a shelter. He had many problems, so much so that it is highly doubtful that another family would have taken him in. He would have been euthanized.

I have also grown up with a dog that was not adopted out of a shelter, and I feel that animals who are taken away from crummy, heartbreaking circumstances display a higher

We got our guy from Teacher's Pets in Coudersport a few years back, he is such a great dog!  

These pics are awesome, thanks for sharing the information.  They should add some pictures of the people who adopt too, you'd be amazed how much better an fur baby can make your day.  :)

This is making me cry.  I have two rescues (evil cats though lol) and if I could have more I definitely would! My Diamond and Logan are such joy bringers to all of us. Diamond is our Momma cat. She takes care of us and Logan is the idiot grown kitten who just makes us laugh.  Do not ever hesitate to adopt. Companion for life!

Adopted pets are funny-almost as if they "know" they're finally with someone that actually wants them. 

One of our beagles dies after less than 14 months, from liver cancer.  Vet told us the dog was sick for at least a year, if not longer and suspected previous owner gave the dog up instead of treating him.  Second beagle was a very old fellow-adoption papers said 7 or 8, but he looked double that, and acted like a geriatric beagle!  Great dog, followed me everywhere.  We did have another for a short time that was incorrigible and had to go back because of increasing aggressive behavior including non-playful biting.

Guest tinygyrl

Our little barking beast wasn't exactly a rescue but the condition those poor pups were living in .... I wish I could have taken all 4 of them. Lately he thinks his name is enough be quiet and that my husband no longer belongs in "our bed" mine and the dogs that is.

I would have a farm if I could.  Currently we have one dog (who was a rescue), a cat (who has been with us for over 15 years), and four turtles.  

I love them all very much and would take more in a heartbeat if I could.  I would love to add a bird to our home, but my kitty cat would not appreciate that lol.

I encourage folks to adopt/rescue.  These fur babies really seem to know you are somewhat of their savior and the companionship and loyalty you get are irreplaceable. 

old3dogg and shmoopie had a good Idea posting their adopted pets. Here are mine.

283516_242526559099323_5414524_n.jpg?oh=

and the youngest

10488244_935267129825259_246229197781413

They are gorgeous!  They are Rotties, correct?  Those are one of my most favorites.  They get a bad rep sometimes, but couldn't be more loving.  :)

All the pets posted are so dang adorable, y'all are making me want another one!