GoDuBois.com

Rent-A-Chcken For Farm Fresh Eggs

mr.d

Wouldn't it make more economic sense to buy a couple of chickens and if it "doesn't work out" make soup? I don't suppose you would need much of a coup for  two chickens. Those still warm eggs have to cost around $10 a dozen and I don't suppose they provide food and bedding. Wonder what the hourly billing rate for a chicken is? Probably more than your plumber or lawyer. 

It's obviously the novelty of easily having a chicken in the backyard.  Too many people would think the effort too much to do it all from "scratch".   The company may be able to advise them on the legal end of having poultry in your backyard too.

Guest pussanova

ROFLMAO!!!!!!  Normally in Towns and Cities farm animals are NOT allowed.  At the central tractor store you can buy chicken or duck chicks in several different varieties depending on if you want white eggs, brown eggs, green eggs, blue eggs, yellow eggs or duck eggs.  And they normally only cost a few dollars per biddie.  You should be able to find simple instructions for building a coop online including a tool and materials list.  The coop would probably set you back about fifty dollars or so.

Wouldn't it make more economic sense to buy a couple of chickens and if it "doesn't work out" make soup? I don't suppose you would need much of a coup for  two chickens. Those still warm eggs have to cost around $10 a dozen and I don't suppose they provide food and bedding. Wonder what the hourly billing rate for a chicken is? Probably more than your plumber or lawyer. 

you would think they would realize they could do this for a lot less than renting chickens(had to laugh when I read this)  but there are people who live in large cities who think they are educated but are complete morons. I mean look who they elected. Duh!  I could probably sell them used toilet water and they would drink it. Kudos to the guy who thought of this because he knew you could sell anything to people from large cities just wish I would have thought of it first haha

you would think they would realize they could do this for a lot less than renting chickens(had to laugh when I read this)  but there are people who live in large cities who think they are educated but are complete morons. I mean look who they elected. Duh!  I could probably sell them used toilet water and they would drink it. Kudos to the guy who thought of this because he knew you could sell anything to people from large cities just wish I would have thought of it first haha

Yes you could do it for a lot less, but maybe some are seeing if they would actually LIKE to do it. To me chickens are a lot less bother of a farm animal then most .. we raised them when I was a kid through early 20's. My job was to water, feed, & collect the eggs before school. Then in the evening because my brothers always seemed to get out of their part of the chicken chores, I went back and redid all that stuff. The only time they didn't get away with it was when our step father was home. On weekends, we cleaned the chicken coop.  In the winter, although chickens lay less, we still had to keeps heat lamps on and make sure their water was not frozen. Chickens are educational, and we learned a lot from raising them. BUT what do I know, I'm just a country bumpkin who is a  f***ing moron who doesn't know anything!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!  Normally in Towns and Cities farm animals are NOT allowed.  At the central tractor store you can buy chicken or duck chicks in several different varieties depending on if you want white eggs, brown eggs, green eggs, blue eggs, yellow eggs or duck eggs.  And they normally only cost a few dollars per biddie.  You should be able to find simple instructions for building a coop online including a tool and materials list.  The coop would probably set you back about fifty dollars or so.

Add in like Bon said though... time, feed and heat. My daughter begged for a duckling last year at the tractor store....It was less than $10 as I recall but I knew as we went along it would be too much hassle as well as too much money (unless of course you had a full blown business devoted to this).  I am with WMJ....I'll just buy my eggs from the market.

Guest pussanova

I guess you must not see many wild chickens up in northern PA.  Some numbskull let a flock of them loose in my Parents neighborhood several years ago and they wander around the area eating veggies out of residents gardens.  I also used to give them feed and occasionally ground shell.  But they also love veggies as well.  We used to throw watermelon and cantaloupe rinds into the chicken yard and watch them devour them.  My Husband's family farm was mostly melons, sweet potatoes, christmas trees and chickens.  My Mothers family had chickens, pigs, cows, goats, a professional dog kennel and only a couple acres of veggies grown to fill canning jars and the freezers and my Grandfather worked in construction.  My Grandparents on my Fathers side was milk cows, crops a gas/service station plus Grandfather worked heating and electrical and Grandmother was a nurse.  I recall Grandmother had a coal stove in the kennel for the dogs but I do not remember ever heating the chicken coops.  Carrying scissors to clip their wings so they did not fly out of the coop yes but only used heat in the incubator when hatching eggs and a small heat light for the chicks.  I guess the person that rented out the chickens would have to make sure they were of laying age (about 6 months) or the renter would be sadly disappointed.