GoDuBois.com

Genealogy

Borninabarn

I don't know any Brittons, unfortunately.  Have you tried FB?  You'd be surprised the people you can find with social media word of mouth.  :)  Good luck to you!

I don't know any Brittons, unfortunately.  Have you tried FB?  You'd be surprised the people you can find with social media word of mouth.   :)  Good luck to you!

I have been sharing/comparing with some descendants for a long time.  We are all stuck (our brick wall) with this Joseph who was born ca. 1786 in NY.  He lived at Shippen, McKean County (cencus records).  There is a death record in Cameron County for a Joseph about the right age in April 1870.  Many have him (this family) confused with the Brittons of the Beechwoods settlement. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in finding out if anyone has knowledge of who might have access to a records book for St. Catherine's Cemetery in DuBois.   Specifically Collins and Carroll possibly in unmarked graves almost straight up from Simmons St. 

I ran across one of my note papers last night.  Ancestor Michael Carroll obit. in Falls Creek Times, Feb. 28, 1908 states he had been a resident of FC "since there has been a town by that name."  Mrs. Patrick Collins of Taylor Ave. is a sister.  Funeral by Father McGivney, interment in the Catholic cemetery at DuBois.  This would be St. Catherine's Cemetery, or is there another Catholic cemetery in DuBois?

I am interested in finding out if anyone has knowledge of who might have access to a records book for St. Catherine's Cemetery in DuBois.   Specifically Collins and Carroll possibly in unmarked graves almost straight up from Simmons St. 

Nearly all the tombstones have been added to Findagrave at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GSln=Carroll&GSiman=1&GScid=46003&CRid=46003&pt=Saint%20Catherines%20Cemetery  There is also a transcript of the cemetery records at the DuBois Area Historical Society.

I ran across one of my note papers last night.  Ancestor Michael Carroll obit. in Falls Creek Times, Feb. 28, 1908 states he had been a resident of FC "since there has been a town by that name."  Mrs. Patrick Collins of Taylor Ave. is a sister.  Funeral by Father McGivney, interment in the Catholic cemetery at DuBois.  This would be St. Catherine's Cemetery, or is there another Catholic cemetery in DuBois?

There are at least three Catholic cemeteries in DuBois.  St. Joseps and St. Michaels in addition to the St. Catherines one.  The churches usually have pretty good records, but that only seems true until it is the history you are looking for.  ;)

There are at least three Catholic cemeteries in DuBois.  St. Joseps and St. Michaels in addition to the St. Catherines one.  The churches usually have pretty good records, but that only seems true until it is the history you are looking for.  ;)

Don't forget the cemetery back of the Animal Hospital on Shaffer Road.  Believe it may be a St. Catherine's Annex, though I'm not sure.

• 2 months later...

I didn't know about the annex of St. Catherines?   how many graves are there?

Not sure that it is an annex. I've always known it as the Oklahoma Cemetery. If there was an "annex" I'd think that it would be the little dog-leg that runs off St. Catherines cemetery from the corner of Weber down Simmons St. I know for years that part was unused but I saw recently that they've added a mausoleum or something.