GoDuBois.com

This plant has the fragrance of melon

Borage smells like cucumbers. Ditto salad burnet. Smell is kind of subjective.  It would be easier to id it from a picture or even a description. Annual or perennial? Tree, shrub, vine, plant? Flower? Color and shape of flower? Blooming time? Leaf shape? Isn't actually much out there that is famous for smelling like a melon. 

Years ago I was asked to identify a weed that might be it. They aren't really very common around here but the young plants are supposed to smell like cucumbers. Bur cucumber? https://www.btny.purdue.edu/WeedScience/2005/Burcucumber05.pdf

If it shows up in a different place every year then it is probably a reseeding annual.  How tall?  Flowers?

We will have Borage (beautiful little bright blue flowers) at the BUDS plant sale from Wednesday till Saturday at Charlie's Alternators near Kurt Johnson's Auto Sales.

It's hard to identify a plant from a leaf picture but sticking my neck out I'll make a guess. Does it have white flat topped clustered flowers and red berries? If so I'd go with Vibernum opulus aka as high bush cranberry and guelder rose. The cranberry isn't very accurate because it isn't one but the fruit on some of the varieties are edible and similar to cranberries.  Under the name of guelder rose it is used in perfume. I have no idea what it smells like but if they use it in perfume it must have an odor of some sort.

ViburnumOpulus.jpg

P.S. If you decide to research this further the plant is also known as Viburnum trilobum and there are a couple of subspecies under the opulus name. They moved it taxonomically speaking from one genus to another and made life more difficut.  They frequently call it a "snowball bush" but that isn't the right variety (Sterilis) and is going to lead to further confusion. 

What time does the sale start?

If it shows up in a different place every year then it is probably a reseeding annual.  How tall?  Flowers?

We will have Borage (beautiful little bright blue flowers) at the BUDS plant sale from Wednesday till Saturday at Charlie's Alternators near Kurt Johnson's Auto Sales.

If you mean the BUDS sale, then it's from 10-6 daily till Saturday and then we may close by 2 pm or later depending on how many plants are left.  I don't want to have to haul any home.  Come and take them home with you!

There's lots of flowers this year which is not our usual, but we wanted to try to grow all of the plants for our street pots.  Of course the excess went to the sale along with the plants for the pollinators at Charlie's.

We were mobbed today but despite the masses of plants that went home, there are many left.