GoDuBois.com

Where was this ?

That's really an interesting photo.  Almost looks like perhaps a horse sale going on. Note all the ladies closest to the camera and the men are lined up facing each other with a fairly wide path between.  Looks like a gentleman at a table toward the right of the line, a line up of horses.  

I think that might be the meadow. Possibly the Business College.

Don't think that it could be in the Meadow. The rise on the ground is too high and it would also put the houses behind it there, too. I don't think there was ever that kind of building out there.

Don't think that it could be in the Meadow. The rise on the ground is too high and it would also put the houses behind it there, too. I don't think there was ever that kind of building out there.

Near the Best Western and Foradora Insurance.  But after looking at it some more, that is not the Business College, It had many more dormers.

Can you tell by looking at the real photo what is happening? This may be a clue to where it was taken. The people seem to be congregating in the middle. Note the people closest to the edge of the picture are probably wealthy. They have covered carriages and the women are dressed in nice hats. The people in the center all seem to be men and they're also very well dressed. There are individual horses standing there as well.

I look at this picture and I can't help but think it is at the corner of Scribner Ave and High Street .... The house on the right reminds me a lot of the house on the corner  across from the old Paul Short funeral home and the church. The building on the left would be just about in between  where the church is and  where Scribner Ave seventh grade school use to be ......  

I look at this picture and I can't help but think it is at the corner of Scribner Ave and High Street .... The house on the right reminds me a lot of the house on the corner  across from the old Paul Short funeral home and the church. The building on the left would be just about in between  where the church is and  where Scribner Ave seventh grade school use to be ......  

That is the area I was thinking also.  There looks to be a church in the upper left corner that reminds me of the church in that area.

The building on the right is also a house, looks to be stone or brick with a stone porch.  Ladies on the upper balcony. 

Old%20House%20Photo%202_zpsq5guhl63.jpg

The left house:

Old%20House%20Photo%204_zpskvx6d87l.jpg

Activity:

Old%20House%20Photo%203_zpsrik2mlov.jpg

That appears to be a stream running just about the people and in front of the big house. I'm still checking out the people and what they're doing. In the original picture, to the left of the big house, there appears to be some sort of rectangular sign on a post. I could be wrong about that, but it sort of looks like it.

That is the area I was thinking also.  There looks to be a church in the upper left corner that reminds me of the church in that area.

There doesn't appear to be a steeple on the church. In the early photos, the church's uptown all had steeples on the square towers.