GoDuBois.com

Looking for old Juniata Elem. School yearbooks

1977er

Hello--

I'm hoping to find the old Juniata Elementary School yearbooks listed below.  My family didn't buy them every year, so I'm missing four books.  If you have any you're willing to sell (or could pass this message along to anyone you know who might)--or even loan me long enough that I can scan or photocopy the pages and then return them to you--please contact me here or at dubois95grad@yahoo.com 

'Am specifically looking for:

• 1982-83 (kindergarten with Mrs. Raybuck for me )
  • 1985-86 (3rd grade with Mrs. McNaughton and Mrs. Dodd for me)
  • 1986-87 (4th grade with Mrs. Zappia and Mr. West for me)
  • 1987-88 (5th grade with Mrs. Johnston, Mr. Vitello, and Mr. Morelli for me)
  • (I would love to see the 1981-82 yearbook too, but the other four are more important to me.)

Thank you for your help.  :) 

Thank you so much.  :) I suppose even the 1983-84 and 1984-85 books would be nice to see again (and ideally copy or own) since my little-kid-self scribbled on some of the pages and clipped out some of the pictures.  I own those years' books, but they show wear, for sure. 

Thank you for checking. 

How to Find My Elementary School Yearbook

Old yearbooks can be located by contacting your old school.

book, books -many books image by drx from Fotolia.com

School memories are captured in the pages of school yearbooks. Yearbooks highlight the students who attended the school during a particular school year. Although treasured for the first few months after purchase, yearbooks often end up gathering dust or in old cardboard boxes. Because yearbooks belong to years past, they often get lost. If your yearbook has been lost or you never bought one, there are ways to locate copies, with an investment of some money and time.

Call the elementary school you attended. School libraries and administrative offices tend to keep extra copies of old yearbooks. Ask the school whether they have copies of old yearbooks. If the answer is no, ask to speak to the school's yearbook adviser. The yearbook adviser or even the school's journalism adviser might have copies.

Contact the school district, the public library, and even the alumni association (or club) for the school. District offices might have at least one copy of each yearbook from all the schools in the district. Similarly, local libraries tend to have copies of yearbooks from the local schools. The library will probably have only one copy. Be prepared to make copies from the library's copy. Not many elementary schools have alumni networks, but the school office will be able to tell you whether there is an alumni coordinator or association. The association or coordinator will either have a copy or will know where to get one.

Search the Internet for yearbooks associated with your school's name. If your yearbook had a title, enter it in the search field. Search online auction sites for a copy. A classmate might have a copy for sale on an auction site such as eBay.com or on craigslist.com.

Join a social networking site such as Facebook.com or LinkedIn.com. If there is a group for your elementary school, you might locate classmates who will have copies. Ask them if they would be willing to sell a copy.

Place an ad in the local newspaper. Include the school name and/or yearbook title, town and the year you are looking for. Some newspapers will even let you place an ad for free in their wanted section.

Sponsored Links

Free PA Online School

Accredited Public Charter School.

Virtual Classes For Grades 7-12.

achievementcharter.com/onlineschool

How To Create A Yearbook

Free Yearbook Software With Every

Yearbook Project. Get Started Today

yearbooklife.com

Check Public Records

Search Free. Get Instant Results.

As Seen In The News. Try Now.

beenverified.com/PublicRecords

Free Public Record Search

View Arrests, Criminal Records,

Address, Phone, Age, and More Here!

arrests.truthfinder.com

Hello--

I'm hoping to find the old Juniata Elementary School yearbooks listed below.  My family didn't buy them every year, so I'm missing four books.  If you have any you're willing to sell (or could pass this message along to anyone you know who might)--or even loan me long enough that I can scan or photocopy the pages and then return them to you--please contact me here or at dubois95grad@yahoo.com 

'Am specifically looking for:

• 1982-83 (kindergarten with Mrs. Raybuck for me )
  • 1985-86 (3rd grade with Mrs. McNaughton and Mrs. Dodd for me)
  • 1986-87 (4th grade with Mrs. Zappia and Mr. West for me)
  • 1987-88 (5th grade with Mrs. Johnston, Mr. Vitello, and Mr. Morelli for me)
  • (I would love to see the 1981-82 yearbook too, but the other four are more important to me.)

Thank you for your help.  :)

Ahhh, nostalgia.  Have strange memories from each one of those teachers.  I had Mrs. Mitchell in kindergarten, she was great, but had severe coffee breath.  I had Mrs. Dodd and used to get bummed out, she would never take us outside because she couldn't be in the sun long.  Mr. West had the hairiest arms.  Mr. Vitello drove the coolest car...a Pontiac Fiero, haha!  Mr. Morelli and how he taught the five senses, plus his wiffleball/kickball tournaments.  The best part about Juniata was watching kids play in the crick during recess and falling in..haha!!

Flea markets are a good place to find yearbook's. Last year I found one in Corsica at a flea market. It was one from Jay Twp High School 1946. JTHS is now Bennetts Valley Elementary, part of SMASD.

The guy who I bought it off of bought the contents of a home in St Marys. He told me he finds yearbook's quite a bit. People don't want them because they don't know who the people are in them.

dubois library doesn't have them, Juniata has some, but not sure what years....going to call me back, the place that takes the pic's, doesn't have them either, they release everything to the schools.....try classmates, I'm not a member and don't want to be just to ask, but could be a place to check

• 1 month later...

Hi, Bon--

These weren't the hardcover yearbooks like high schools and universities have.  They were just softcover books of maybe thirty pages that the school PTA put together and then sent to a company for printing.  'No word from the school or anyone else yet, so maybe sometime when I'm back in the area, I'll stop by the school office and see if I learn anything/get anywhere in-person. 

Thank you.  That's kind of you.

It's been stunning to me to learn that schools don't automatically order an extra copy of their own yearbook for their own collection each year.  All that local history:  Just gone.