GoDuBois.com

Apple Tree

Bon

They did a number on my deck last year. I ended up hanging some foil pie plates and that scared them off. But still have the holes in my joists. :(

They did a number on my deck last year. I ended up hanging some foil pie plates and that scared them off. But still have the holes in my joists. :(

You may want to check for rot in your deck as they are usually hearing insects in the wood when they make holes.

When I find damage like that around our house it usually comes from the wee little woodpeckers, not the big red-headed ones.

We have all kinds of peckers here. Last year the downey was pecking on the light pole, found out that is how they call their mate.  :duh:  His pecker had to really hurt!!

Wait till he takes his little beak to your house! But hey, like Tripod he was here first. ;)

I've already had to replace some pieces of cedar siding because they hammered holes clear through it and were planning to nest inside the wall.

Dont cut it down,,Apple trees can take a lot of damage and still produce apples. If we have a good year for apples,,,Im thinking we will have a good year for roadkill...i.e.  Elk, Deer.

• 2 weeks later...