GoDuBois.com

Ughhh...the weather!

dyna99

They should be. I never had a problem with mine. My lilacs are in full bloom, they wont last. :( my peonies are really high with buds. I will cover those ones. The white bleeding heart will need covered also.

I heard flurries are in the weekend forecast also. That really sucks big time, but we live in PA & can get that S word any month of the year.

speaking of grass, I cut our neighbors couple days ago, our other neighbor cut hers yesterday.....now ours looks long compared to theirs..... :angry:

Tell her take vaca & go with you!! Just make sure you cut your grass first

oh she is already thinking that......she will be at the beach all day, while I work.....a redhead at the beach all day everyday.....she would be burnt to a crisp ;)

A frost at this point will probably get buds and blossoms. Apple blossoms have been out long enough so that possibly they have started to form fruit. Once the fruit is formed it is not so likely to freeze as the blossoms.  A frost might burn some leaves but won't kill plants. If you put tomatoes or similar plants out cover. Cabbage and the cole crops and onions should be OK depending on how cold it actually gets. Putting a bucket over a single plant works really well. Flower pots also. Next best thing is cloth coverings. Bon is right about the plastic. It doesn't hold the heat very well and everywhere it touches a plant the plant will burn. If it stays cloudy folk wisdom says we should be OK. Clear skies bring frost.

I did post a picture of the one yellow peony that bloomed last year. It was 'Bartzilla' I think. I got another one that was on the throw out table and it hasn't bloomed yet. I don't know what that one was but I'm eagerly awaiting its bloom. I'll post a picture if it blooms this year. I'll go cover those tonight.