GoDuBois.com

Weeds?

dyna99

The first is definitely some sort of a daisy, probably wild.  The second is Birdsfoot Trefoil and you commonly see it in the gravelly edge of roads.  The flowers make great dried flowers for pot pourrie.

I think the third needs something like a ruler in the picture for comparison.

May she always eat healthy and may she never discover potato chips.

Would you please tell my hubby that!!!! Although Midge & Sienna were fighting over a French fry from Sheetz the day Amy & I brought them home.

I honesty think Sienna would eat all the dandelions in the yard if I would let her!! If I take her to someones house & she sees dandelions, ... lunch!!!!

If I have the plant I can key it down. Done from pictures where I can't count flower petals or see leave clearly  so all you are getting is a good guess.

That said the first one looks like winter cress or some near kin. They are wild mustards and spread rapidly. Weeds or wildflowers? All depends on your perspective.

The second one looks like a wild blackberry or raspberry. Check for thorns. They are blooming now.

Don't eat the third one until you have someone look at it up close.  It doesn't look like parsley to me. There are broad leafed parsleys but that doesn't look right.

Thank you both!  As far as I am concerned, I will classify the first one as a wildflower and let it grow; it isn't anywhere that it will cause a problem yet.  The second one definitely has thorns.  It kind of threw me because it started growing last year in with my really old rosebushes.  As for the third one, I'll take your advice!  It was in with the parsley in the herbs section when I picked it up, but it wasn't until I got it home that I realized it had no plant marker.  My fault for not checking.  :rolleyes:

Smelling a plant is important in identifying it.  Does the geranium leaf smell like lemon?

The Aquilegia is extremely beautiful.  It's classy so don't destroy it.  It does have some leaf miners so you should pick off those leaves and hose down the entire plant.  If it gets worse then you may need to use more drastic treatment or just ignore them.  Contact the Master Gardeners for info if you need it.