GoDuBois.com

The Second Yellow Peony

Here it is Bon. I posted Bartzella peony last summer. I bought a big pot for an outrageous price (for me anyway) and it did bloom the first year. Later I picked up a single dried up root of Canary Brilliants from a sale table and after 2 years it has bloomed. It has a lot more pink in it than Bartzella. It is more apparent in the bud. The rain has messed up the shape but the buds are all kind of squished. The first picture is of Bartzella, the second of Canary Brilliants and the third of the bud.

cb bud.jpg

canary brillants.jpg

bartzilla.jpg

Here it is Bon. I posted Bartzella peony last summer. I bought a big pot for an outrageous price (for me anyway) and it did bloom the first year. Later I picked up a single dried up root of Canary Brilliants from a sale table and after 2 years it has bloomed. It has a lot more pink in it than Bartzella. It is more apparent in the bud. The rain has messed up the shape but the buds are all kind of squished. The first picture is of Bartzella, the second of Canary Brilliants and the third of the bud.

Very nicely done... Looks great.

Our white one got it's first bloom yesterday.

That is one of the very old varieties. I have the same one that developed a pink sport about 20 years ago and every year it gets a little stronger. This year it's blooming right along a blue-purple iris and the combo is so pretty. Guess I should remember to take my camera to the garden. Maybe tomorrow.

Beautiful! My first blooms were yesterday.