GoDuBois.com

Some bird nature pics. Looking out my window

Pappy

Thought I would give some people something to look at this morning. I took some pictures from a new little camera I bought when working up at Cape Cod. It's a little Cannon PowerShot SX610. These are looking out my window at the bird feeders. I did go outside also and stood by the feeders for a few pics. Even had a little squirrel enjoying him or herself. i will start another thread with some more work pics from cape cod also. I had the opportunity to go and I volunteered to go. I probably would never had gone to that area as I rally had no desire. I am glad I went though it was a rewarding experience both in seeing the area and in gaining more work experience.

Thanks also to Steve for the resize links he has. These pics were way to big to resize(7 meg and up) with my normal one I use (shrink pictures) Steve has a link for, so I used another one called B.I.R.M.E. and I like this one a whole lot more. It will do a batch of pics very quickly. I will use this one from now on.

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

HMMM I have some more but they wont upload. I will have to look and see what is wrong.  Must have exceeded the max I get this at the upload page You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 15MB) not sure why it says 15mb as it is only supposed to be around 5mb I believe for a single one I upload smaller sizes I will have to make them 600x400 next time instead of 800x600.

update I must have broke it because I can edit this post but cannot add to the thread tells me my posts are to short. I even rebooted

Thanks for sharing the pics. Wish I could ID some of those birds but they seem to really enjoy the feast you put out. Nice going!

The second post the first picture the bird on the left has a red spot on it's head. Not sure if this is some sort of woodpecker or not.

The Olive Green/yellow ones are American Goldfinch.  They turn Olive drab in the winter.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS613US699&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=american%20goldfinch%20facts

The two that are black and white are Chickadees, and the little gray one with a smudge of yellow right below the wing is a Tufted Titmouse.

Figured the one might be a finch of some sort and I did know the tufted titmouse and the chickadee. They are the most abundant. Thanks Petee

Is the bird in the third picture in the first post some sort of wren?

Sorry, I missed it.  It's a Nuthatch.  You will see them running up and headfirst down the trunks of trees checking in all the bark crevices for insects.

https://owlcation.com/stem/Songbirds-of-the-Northeast

Then we also had a red squirrel and my favorite Grey came back also. Although he had a hint of red in his fur but definitely a gray and twice as big as the red squirrel. The grey I will have to look and see if that was just a seed he had in his mouth or he has a deformed tooth. I am thinking it was just a sunflower seed hanging out the side of his mouth

15319139_1342397535778881_78263147058099

15241212_1342397575778877_13942117031974

15230582_1342397692445532_86222856188835