GoDuBois.com

Who's got chickens?

LFG

landfillguy - you should win a pulletzer prize for those.

Blue ribbon at the county fair this year :D

My favorite chickens ever. Very docile, roosters are awesome flock protectors, but not aggressive, and they lay those gorgeous eggs

Pulletzer... lol

How wonderful that you have roosters that lay eggs! I'll bet you got a prize for them too. By the way, some hens do crow. :rolleyes:

there is a chicken joke about what a gay rooster says when it crows, but I would hate for Steve to have to give me warning points after all we have been through...

I was just teasing. With the right mix of breeds you can save money on dye ;)

I'm fairly sure that dye is less expensive than chicken feed. Not as heavy either. Met a fellow in the supermarket today who was telling me about his chickens. Said he has over 100 of them at one time and they lived on the farm all by themselves with no human companions.  He apparently had a couple of helpful uncles. His last words were, "Don't ever buy a farm." And if you are wondering why I was discussing chickens with a complete stranger in the supermarket that is the way it is around here.

If by "late" you mean post 1997, then I don't blame you for discussing the merits of the local plumbing ;)

Speaking of football, PSU was robbed by the Playoff selection committee. I don't think they wanted to play Clemson, either, but how do you send the team that lost to the conference champ ahead of the conference champ? :nono:

It was fun watching the rout of the Buckeyes, though :funny4:

It's always fun watching them loose

The problem that I would have if I had four chickens is that I would name them and then get attached to them. When they quit laying, I could never eat them or give them away to someone who might eat them. Soon, I would be running a coop for geriatric chickens!

My first pen has some 6 year old girls in it. Some left from my first two years raising them. All the other pens are rolled over for breeding, but pen 1 is family ;)

Summerville just outlawed all chickens/ fowl.

I just read that whole article. I really don't think it's right for the ones who have had them for years, & I don't mean 5 years either. There are lots of farms in that area, they aren't allowed to raise chickens? If it were me who has raised them for years, I would tell them to go cluck themselves!!!

I just read that whole article. I really don't think it's right for the ones who have had them for years, & I don't mean 5 years either. There are lots of farms in that area, they aren't allowed to raise chickens? If it were me who has raised them for years, I would tell them to go cluck themselves!!!

State College allows chickens. If they can write a ordinance allowing them then a rural area should be able to.