GoDuBois.com

Accepting Feedback on Updated Forum

Pompeii

• Administrators

I still have some work to do with the menu, adding links, etc...

I am looking for all feedback, good or bad on the update.

Next week I'll be able to post tips on getting around on the updated forum.

For now, let me know what you like, dis-like, or not sure of..???

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bass100 said:

I am being told that the connection to GoDubois is not a secure connection.  Can you make the site secure?

Possibly in the future....

I don't take any online payments directly from my site, everything is thru paypal.

So there is absolutely no credit card info on my site..

That is probably the only reason I would get a secure site.

My top 3 favorite improvements, in order:

1. Posting Pictures

2. Quoting on mobile

3. Emojis on mobile

Honorable mentions would be seeing "likes" on mobile, being able to go to next page or previous page without having to scroll all the way back up, the home menu is much easier to find and navigate, live alerts to new posts, and just the navigation of the site in general.

My top 3 dream additions, in order:

1. Maniacal laughter audio to go along with the laughing emoji

2. A missile that I can aim from my post that will shoot up the screen and blow up another post of my choosing

3. Cash rewards for being on the leaderboard

Thanks in advance :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Toda

1 minute ago, Trillyn said:

I had to sign back in today & now when I click a thread it puts me on original post, not last read. 

I am updating today...  everything should be back to normal tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Pompeii said:

Toda

I am updating today...  everything should be back to normal tomorrow. 

I'm kind of torn on the new like button. It's cool to have all the new emotions to show, but getting a notification that someone "reacted" to something I said just seems so...aggressive

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, landfillguy said:

I'm kind of torn on the new like button. It's cool to have all the new emotions to show, but getting a notification that someone "reacted" to something I said just seems so...aggressive

I am updating today, nothing is in stone. I still have to edit notification alerts.

15 hours ago, Pompeii said:

I am updating today, nothing is in stone. I still have to edit notification alerts.

I have to pass along this suggestion, and I wish for all the world I had come up with it, but I have to give the credit to Watoos. It's genius.

Under the new "reaction" button, could you replace the hearts with a log? You know, for the fire ring? :funny4:

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Mine is back to where i have to scroll to see the last thing posted. It was automatically taking me there but doesnt now. Anyone else having this issue or is it just mine?

Its happened to me a couple times, but when I go back and check again, it seems to work. 

I'm trying to keep an eye on it

38 minutes ago, sapphire said:

Mine works intermittently too. Sometimes I have to scroll, other times, I don't. ?

I find that happens to me as well.

Also, when I get the notification box that someone has replied to the thread, when I click on the link in it to see the post, it does nothing. I usually have to go up and refresh the page manually to see the latest post.

Still, I consider that to be a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. I think, as a whole, it's been a much easier transition than what I first envisioned.

Overall great job Steve.  I am also experiencing the last post read bit on an intermittent basis.

An item I miss is the numbering of the posts in the threads.  I found it easier to refer to a post number at times, rather than quoting a previous post.  Usually when I read completely through a thread and then went back to find something I wanted to reply/respond to.  Would seem to be something that would save bandwidth especially when responding to posts that are rather long or include photos.  Certainly not a big deal, but just one of the little things that come to mind.