GoDuBois.com

Family Came To Pick Up Dogsas, Handed His Frozen Body

mr.d

Beaver County family: Came to pick up dog's ashes, handed his frozen body

"I'm thinking my dog's coming out in a little urn or plastic bag. No, I get a frozen Drew."

WTAE | 
Updated: 6:51 PM EDT Jun 22, 2017

Hide Transcript Show Transcript
Beaver County family: Came to pick up dog's ashes, handed his frozen body

"I'm thinking my dog's coming out in a little urn or plastic bag. No, I get a frozen Drew."

Lisa Horseman and Marlane Engles made the difficult decision to have their sick dog, Drew, euthanized. They said they asked for him to be cremated, but were stunned when they arrived at Rainbow Veterinary Hospital, in Darlington, to pick up his ashes.

"I'm thinking my dog's coming out in a little urn or plastic bag. No, I get a frozen Drew," said Horseman.

Engles recorded the employees carrying Drew's body, wrapped in a blanket.
"They had no explanation, nothing, they just give me my frozen dog," said Horseman.

In a statement, Rainbow Veterinary Hospital said:

"We have been in business for over twenty years, caring for thousands of pets. Our entire staff treats every pet with the utmost care, respect, and compassion under all circumstances, as if they were our own. It is true that there was a delay with Mrs.

Horseman's burial request for pet Drew. This delay was not due to the pet leaving the facility, as he never left our premise. Ultimately, Mrs. Horseman's burial request was full-filled."

Horseman said she and Engles had to take Drew for cremation themselves. Engles said carrying her beloved pet's body, was heartbreaking.

"They need to learn from this mistake, they need to do the right thing to other people and don't do it again because that's a horrible thing," said Engles.                                                                      http://www.wtae.com/article/beaver-county-family-came-to-pick-up-dogs-ashes-handed-his-frozen-body/10209757 

• 3 weeks later...