GoDuBois.com

Advanced Disposal Landfill Collapse

• Administrators

Oh crap, I hope that thread didn't get lost in the transfer... 

I think that was in Local accident & warnings forum, which I cut down to 2 weeks. 

I did back-up everything, so I can get a copy next week sometime.:pound:

Still seeking answers

AFTER THE COLLAPSE: DEP sends violation notice, seeks videos from Greentree landfill

14 hours ago, mr.d said:
Still seeking answers

AFTER THE COLLAPSE: DEP sends violation notice, seeks videos from Greentree landfill

Thanks mr.d.

No doubt it's about to get ugly. Did anyone else catch the part that said OSHA had 6 months from the time of the accident to conclude their investigation? That means under 2 months left...

I know I can carry on with some foolishness, but if there is anyone that still questions my motives here, I never want to call out over my radio "The landfill is gone". If you knew a landfill, you could watch that video and tell what caused that collapse. It's a battle I've been fighting for years. I never want to call a wife and tell her "Daddy ain't coming home"

Kinda wish I was back there. I know 2 guys that works there. I could get the truth from those workers. That being said, I hate to say this, I am a Debbie Downer when it comes to the real truth coming out and heavy hitting against the company.

You can bet the brooms have been out and the deals are being made as you read this.

Guy knows this part. What happens here will affect the whole industry. The consumers will not handle the rate increases it will take to revamp what has been into what is needed. 

The government and the industry heads are hard at work to maintain the Status Quo.

23 minutes ago, fedup said:

Kinda wish I was back there. I know 2 guys that works there. I could get the truth from those workers. That being said, I hate to say this, I am a Debbie Downer when it comes to the real truth coming out and heavy hitting against the company.

You can bet the brooms have been out and the deals are being made as you read this.

Guy knows this part. What happens here will affect the whole industry. The consumers will not handle the rate increases it will take to revamp what has been into what is needed. 

The government and the industry heads are hard at work to maintain the Status Quo.

My hope is that what happens there affects the entire industry. How they resolve the issue that caused it in the first place will determine whether the average homeowner sees a rate increase or not. Make manufacturers dry it out more, and that cost goes to the manufacturer. Eliminate the waste stream completely, then you start missing your budget numbers...

25 minutes ago, Petee said:

The workers are spreading the truth but that's not what the final decision will be made on.  How about if the news sources start interviewing witnesses?  Think that will happen?

Already happening

19 minutes ago, landfillguy said:

My hope is that what happens there affects the entire industry. How they resolve the issue that caused it in the first place will determine whether the average homeowner sees a rate increase or not. Make manufacturers dry it out more, and that cost goes to the manufacturer. Eliminate the waste stream completely, then you start missing your budget numbers...

Money talks.

24 minutes ago, landfillguy said:

I really think that if what I've suspected all along is proven to be the root cause, something will be done. No doubt money talks, but this is a nationwide issue with tons of liability

LFG this area of Pa is so corrupt it's pathetic. In my half a century + living in this area I have seen so many things swept under the rug that it would make you puke. The old saying that money, influence, and your name buys you blindness, silence, and deafness is the golden rule around here.......

22 minutes ago, NikonSniper said:

LFG this area of Pa is so corrupt it's pathetic. In my half a century + living in this area I have seen so many things swept under the rug that it would make you puke. The old saying that money, influence, and your name buys you blindness, silence, and deafness is the golden rule around here.......

My hope is that OSHA will be more concerned with possible future issues. Thats not the first landfill to slide, but it's the first I've heard of that took a man with it

• Pompeii pinned and featured this topic