ALL MEMBERS OF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER TO POST ADS HERE  >> REGISTER HERE

GoDuBois.com
steelnut

Advanced Disposal Landfill Collapse

5 hours ago, TucsonSunset said:

Its quite believable, sadly. 

It's just so wrong. Total disregard for employee's lives.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

Is it anywhere normal for a landfill to shift like this?  Are the people running it properly, or is this something that the industry needs to regulate better?

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, Petee said:

Is it anywhere normal for a landfill to shift like this?  Are the people running it properly, or is this something that the industry needs to regulate better?

I just saw this, been gone for a few days. My first question would be where is the movement? If it is in the same area that slid before, that's not good, but not unexpected to me. If it is in an adjacent area that hasn't fallen, or at the active working face, then alarm bells should be going off. Something underneath all of that weight isn't right, and it covers a much larger area than the original collapse indicated.

To answer your questions, I will say that it is not unheard of for landfills to shift, but those landfills were not built correctly. There are almost 2000 Class 3 landfills in the US, and only a handful have slid. Of the ones that I am aware of, the causes can be traced back to what I originally said in February. Yes, it's time for more strict regulations on what we put in our landfills, and how those materials are handled by the individual landfills. Hopefully another person won't have to die to make the industry pay attention to what is happening up there