LFG

Redneck DooBwa Chickens

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, Petee said:

Nice website, and I feel very privileged to have some of the babies!  Thank you again.

I wish you had gotten a few more girls. When I get my NPIP license and you feel like taking on a few more chicks, maybe I can sneak a few blues up your way ;)

I didn't put the incubator back into the attic, so I guess I could plug it in............:D

If anyone on here wants chicks then if I get a list, I could probably hatch the eggs for them.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Petee said:

I didn't put the incubator back into the attic, so I guess I could plug it in............:D

If anyone on here wants chicks then if I get a list, I could probably hatch the eggs for them.

When I get my NPIP license I'll be able to ship live chicks :D

Although, the eggs are much more fun. I'm still impressed with your hatch rate in that dinosaur of an incubator your son tried to eat. :funny4:

A dozen of those eggs were a long shot anyway. If you do it again this year I have 3 times the layers I did last year, so I could get 2 dozen really good eggs in just a couple of days

Wow, you're developing quite a flock!  You can tell when someone really loves their birds.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

13 hours ago, Petee said:

Wow, you're developing quite a flock!  You can tell when someone really loves their birds.

It's the black coppers. I've been through several different breeds over the years, had upwards of 70 birds for a while now, but the marans are replacing my older birds. I'm keeping the Easter Eggers for egg color, and the Silkies just because they are fun, but the other three pens are dedicated to the black coppers now. Three pens lets you breed in a "spiral" pattern, diversifies the genetics without bringing in another line with a different set of faults

My daughter who has the roosters is on the phone and asked me to tell you that they attended the Farm Show.  They hunted up the Marans and said that none of the roosters there came even close to the ones that came from you.  Congratulations!  Yours put theirs to shame.

Albert Einstein

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Petee said:

My daughter who has the roosters is on the phone and asked me to tell you that they attended the Farm Show.  They hunted up the Marans and said that none of the roosters there came even close to the ones that came from you.  Congratulations!  Yours put theirs to shame.

That's nice to hear, thank you :)

I've been really happy with this generation. I've kept my best boy from last year, he would be a brother or cousin to yours, and he will be going in his own pen this weekend. I can't wait to see what his offspring look like this season. He's got a better frame than the rooster he came from, he's got that broad back and full breast like your daughter's Captain, and his color is excellent. I'm crossing him to the best girls from another pen, so I have high hopes for those offspring. Just because the parents are good doesn't mean the offspring will be, he's better than his parents, but he is definitely carrying some good genes. This is the fun part of breeding, tracking what works and what doesn't. It takes years, and that's why it's so hard to find good black coppers. There's so much more involved than just throwing roosters and hens together. That just goes to show you have some of the best black coppers in your neck of the woods ;)