MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com
KittyMommy

So, Dunkins is coming...

I'm sure we all have heard this news, but as for our household we'll  with stick with Scotty's.

Dunkins is okay, but you won't find near the quality there, and we should all support our local businesses.  The big box boys think they can just muscle in anywhere.

Keep the local businesses open and thriving by supporting them!  It really IS important!

"To sin by silence when one should protest, makes cowards of men." --Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Scottys could have moved over there. I honestly hate there current location.  The parking lot is to small and it's a pain to get in and out of. 

I was hopping that a Tim Hortons would have moved in. I like their coffee better than Dinkins.   

As far as the donuts go. After you have the donuts from Global in Sarina ON nothing else taste good. 

Tim Hortons and then a hockey rink!!!!  One or the other always precedes one or the other.

As far as donuts go, I can easily pass them by.  As far as Glass Unlimited goes, I've used them through the years and they've been great, however, keep in mind the main guy died in a motorcycle crash a few years back, and that has been very rough on what was a family business.

<p>Watch out for the wild beasts! 

lets see another donut joint. Just  like other Chinese. mexican. pizza joints. No, Olive Garden is not  coming.   But no KFC. We dont need a big KFC just a small plaza one like Clearfield.  Which is the only one in a 75 mile radius. That would be a nice location for a corner KFC store.

As far as coffee goes, I'll take Aegis over ANY of the others any day!  Rich, delicious, and roasted in house, nothing beats out of the roaster fresh!

"To sin by silence when one should protest, makes cowards of men." --Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I do like Aegis coffee, a little pricey for the size. But their smoothies I was disappointed with also..I got a green tea smoothie a few weeks ago..was so excited because I hadn't had one in a long time. But like you said...made from powder. Tasted horrible! As for Dunkin'...I couldn't be more excited. Their breakfast wraps are good and decent priced and I LOVE their iced coffee...you get your money's worth for sure!

Dunkin is great for their coffee and their breakfast sammiches.  I think it will impact Scotty's because of the drive-thru and a less obnoxious parking lot.  Consumers are more inclined to choose convenience and selection...Dunkin has both.  DD's location will allow them to capture TL and Interstate traffic. 

Love Aegis but also love Dunkin's iced coffee and the convenience of the drive thru. 

When someone shows you their true colors, don't try to repaint them.Rainbow_Striped_Spinning_Star_by_zk29_yt

I have been Jonesin' for a nice box of KrispeKreams. Wish Sheetz still had them but not worth the drive to Pittsburgh. Such tastly little critters they are!!!

I'm sure Dinky's will be a hot spot for the first few weeks, then the novelty will wear off.

From the responses, I can actually see it taking a bigger bite out of Sheetz than Scotty's.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

I don't like donuts, but I hope that Scotty's isn't hurt by Dunkin. They're a good local family that does a lot for the community. Just my 2 cents.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

3 hours ago, Trillyn said:

Out past Agway on 219 but before Royers, heading out of town. 

Who would drive all the way out there for a cup of coffee? I guess if you're coming from Sykesville it may be worth the stop. That's even worse than the location of Dairy Queen and Scotty's!

It will be a treat getting out of the Dunkin Donuts plaza for sure, especially on Fridays and Saturdays when traffic is at its worst. Sure there's an exit off of Midway and the road to Walmart, but still, it won't be easy. 

I'm still hoping for a Sweet Frog to go into the one empty store in that plaza.

5 hours ago, gopsu said:

Who would drive all the way out there for a cup of coffee? I guess if you're coming from Sykesville it may be worth the stop. That's even worse than the location of Dairy Queen and Scotty's!

It will be a treat getting out of the Dunkin Donuts plaza for sure, especially on Fridays and Saturdays when traffic is at its worst. Sure there's an exit off of Midway and the road to Walmart, but still, it won't be easy. 

Sweet Frog...YES

21 hours ago, KittyMommy said:

I'm sure we all have heard this news, but as for our household we'll  with stick with Scotty's.

Dunkins is okay, but you won't find near the quality there, and we should all support our local businesses.  The big box boys think they can just muscle in anywhere.

Keep the local businesses open and thriving by supporting them!  It really IS important!

I don't know who the owner of the new Dunkin franchise is, but most Dunkins owned by owners with multiple stores.  The owner could be local or from Maine.  Unfortunately, Dunkin has long since ceased to make their products locally and in-store...all gets shipped in now.

If Scotty's is moving to a new location, i hope they DO NOT put in a drive thru window.  One of the benefits of having to get out of your car to get your donuts is you often see other folks you know and makes it a whole lot more friendly.  Drive-thrus take all the personality out of any store.  At that point, you are just buying a product.    

9 hours ago, gopsu said:

Actually they offer more than just coffee.  They also have a menu of food and a nice little area to sit and eat.  You can also get fresh roasted, whole bean coffee for home brewing, and they'll grind it to your liking.  The first time I was there, I told them I needed my grind to work with a Keurig My K Cup, and they ground it perfectly.  It is worth the trip out to experience a new place.

13 hours ago, Trillyn said:

Out past Agway on 219 but before Royers, heading out of town. 

That is why I never saw it.  Can't remember the last time I was on that road.  Kind of a strange location.

What seems a blessing may really be a curse.