ALL MEMBERS OF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER TO POST ADS HERE  >> REGISTER HERE

GoDuBois.com
KittyMommy

So, Dunkins is coming...

I love Scotty's and it is on my end of town but the problem I have (other than parking) is they always seem to run out of donuts fairly early.  We tried for 4 Saturdays in a row to stop for donuts after the morning soccer game (around 10:30 - 11:00) and they only had a few to choose from.  

1 hour ago, Buster99 said:

That is why I never saw it.  Can't remember the last time I was on that road.  Kind of a strange location.

I think a day care used to be there?  Not sure.  I do know at one time it was a dress shop actually.  Country Casuals I think it was called.  

"To sin by silence when one should protest, makes cowards of men." --Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Product in the Marketing mix of Dunkin Donuts

Although, the brand name suggests that Donuts are the main food product of the company, but in reality it occupies only eight percent of the total sales. Twenty five percent of the products are the other food items including the specialized baked products. The main earner for the company is its drinks, specially the coffee that is Double Brewed to retain its original flavor and for which the customers come from far and wide. The estimated sale of the special coffee at Dunkin Donuts is estimated at nearly one million annually. The menu of this international chain of restaurants includes nearly one thousand food items. The healthy snacks are a hit with every age group of people because of its freshness and uniqueness.

http://www.marketing91.com/marketing-mix-of-dunkin-donuts/

39 minutes ago, Bon said:

Wasn't Dunkin Donuts on the Boulevard in the mid to late 80's?

It was a Mister Donut franchise owned by the late Richard Lange. Before that(1974) there was a Mister Donut where Henniger dental building is on Main St across from Giant Eagle.

Hubby swears it used to be on Long Avenue but I don't remember it.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

9 minutes ago, km2009 said:

Is it just me or do we continue to get the same businesses we already have around here? I really wish we would start getting new ones.

Pretty much, but at least we're getting something. After Kmart, Radio Shack, Shop N Save, and a few others have gone, we need something for a few jobs around here since we cannot attract any kind of industry.

Basically, something is better than nothing I guess.

2 minutes ago, gopsu said:

Pretty much, but at least we're getting something. After Kmart, Radio Shack, Shop N Save, and a few others have gone, we need something for a few jobs around here since we cannot attract any kind of industry.

Basically, something is better than nothing I guess.

I'm interested to find out what will go in the old Kmart. Shop & Save has a craft store of some kind going in. Never heard of it. 

Aegis Coffee roasts coffees from all over the world, so you can try different ones.  They do a tour for groups.  It was extremely interesting.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

52 minutes ago, km2009 said:

I'm interested to find out what will go in the old Kmart. Shop & Save has a craft store of some kind going in. Never heard of it. 

Pat Catan's.  Love their stores!  Great prices and tons of neat stuff.

What seems a blessing may really be a curse.

Trying to honor Steve's wishes to to not turn this board into a "debate forum", but, if any area wants more business, said area must be receptive to business.  Said area must have real estate available for business, with infrastructure (480v three phase power, sufficient natural gas, sufficient water & sewage and safe/easy traffic access).  Said area (plus county & state) must have business friendly taxes.  Said area (plus county & state) must not have onerous laws & regulations, nor have contradictory laws & regulations between the various polical bodies.  Said areas must have excellent schools and healthcare.  Said areas must be attractive and welcoming through the entry points & downtown areas, for when an investor visits.

Pay attention to my last sentence, for it is not government that builds businesses, it is investors.  Private citizens.  Give them the reasons why they want to invest money in an area, and they will!  Does anyone here want a downtown as attractive as, say Brookville's?  Then bombard your city fathers to revisit their historical designation, pass needed ordinances that should have been done when the designation was awarded, and a rebirth will start.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

I noticed the new plaza has only one entrance and one exit off 255. The exit is right turn only. So if you want to head towards TL, then you will have to exit by McDonald's or exit onto Midway.

This could be interesting.

4 minutes ago, gopsu said:

I noticed the new plaza has only one entrance and one exit off 255. The exit is right turn only. So if you want to head towards TL, then you will have to exit by McDonald's or exit onto Midway.

This could be interesting.

Actually, I think that makes a lot of sense considering that, to exit on a left there, you'd have to jump all three lanes of traffic - counting the turning lane. If you exit by McDonald's, even if traffic is so bad that you can't make a left to the light, you can still go right, turn in one of the parking lots and come back down the hill where you can more easily make that left. Same goes for Midway where you eventually have to hit a light to go left on 255.

There's nothing that gets me shaking my head more than when I'm trying to make a right out of Sheetz by Med-Ex and someone is sitting there for a LONG period of time trying to make a left. If you simply exited from that lot on McCracken and waited for the light to make a left, traffic would move more smoothly instead of having six cars backed up through the lot blocking everyone in.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

45 minutes ago, Vader said:

Actually, I think that makes a lot of sense considering that, to exit on a left there, you'd have to jump all three lanes of traffic - counting the turning lane. If you exit by McDonald's, even if traffic is so bad that you can't make a left to the light, you can still go right, turn in one of the parking lots and come back down the hill where you can more easily make that left. Same goes for Midway where you eventually have to hit a light to go left on 255.

There's nothing that gets me shaking my head more than when I'm trying to make a right out of Sheetz by Med-Ex and someone is sitting there for a LONG period of time trying to make a left. If you simply exited from that lot on McCracken and waited for the light to make a left, traffic would move more smoothly instead of having six cars backed up through the lot blocking everyone in.

Some (many) drivers lack common sense!  I was taught to THINK before making left turns across oncoming traffic.  You'll see that problem with drivers trying to cross into Ruby Tuesdays from Shaffer Road.  The same issue exists with traffic traveling south through town trying to turn into Sheetz.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....