ALL MEMBERS OF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER TO POST ADS HERE  >> REGISTER HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
blueskylady

Eureka Math at DASD elementary schools

21 hours ago, soccermom said:

My opinion is this isn't teaching children to think and reason. Especially when nothing has changed in other subjects.

Plato taught the foundations of grammar, logic, and rhetoric come first, FOLLOWED BY arithmetic, geometry, music and astronomy. You have to understand logic and rhetoric BEFORE you master arithmetic and geometry.  Sorry, but to me, it looks like they are trying to throw arithmetic in with logic and grammar to speed it all along. 

A valid point.  Maybe math education is better put off until somewhere between 4th and 7th grade.

Ah, this explains so much...

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

agree--------if only education were "service management"-----OH, things would be SOOOOO much simpler.......

Definitions may not be agreed upon:-----("education", "customer" in the education field,  "poor", "Overburdened")

We can discuss/debate these things if you are willing..........

When you fail to recognize that you're providing a service...

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

4 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

That statement is way off mark---------------educators recognize perhaps beyond nearly all  occupations that they have a calling to serve...........

I will concede there are a few dedicated teachers who understand that they are provisioned to provide a service. Your comment leads me to believe that you never quite got that...

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

1 hour ago, bob_rx2000 said:

I will concede there are a few dedicated teachers who understand that they are provisioned to provide a service. Your comment leads me to believe that you never quite got that...

no---more than a few...sorry

But as always with these discussions, it is a matter of definitions

9 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

agree--------if only education were "service management"-----OH, things would be SOOOOO much simpler.......

Definitions may not be agreed upon:-----("education", "customer" in the education field,  "poor", "Overburdened")

We can discuss/debate these things if you are willing..........

So, you prefer to focus the debate on whether you should serve peas or carrots while someone is starving?