GoDuBois.com

~~~ PET MEMORIAL PAGE ~~~

VikingPrincess

Clarko suggested we have a page to showcase or pets that have passed on.  I think it's a great idea!  Feel free to post pics of your beloved pets that have crossed that Rainbow Bridge.  If you need help resizing the pic, please PM me.  Pics should be no more than 500 pixels wide.

This was on the Message Board but it is great here!

A Dog's Plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more greatful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements.  I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going.  I am not having any fun.  Please see that my trusting life is taken gently.  I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw, that my fate was always safest in your hands.

• 2 months later...

[face=Verdana]Sorry to hear about your loss, Debhar

I'm sure he was loved and loved you back. That will last forever.[/face]

• 2 months later...

I wish I had a photo of our Charley to share,  but we only had him 2 weeks.  We brought him home on June 21 when he was only 7 weeks old.  Boy did we ever get attached to him fast.  He died suddenly at the vets office on July 6.  I am not a crier at all and I bawled for hours!  It is still very hard to go home and not get to  sit and hold "the baby" wrapped in his blanket.  It was the best way to wind down from a horrible day at the office.  I truly miss that little kitten.

• 4 weeks later...

Our cat Hunter passed away last night. I'm not even sure why. He got sick yesterday afternoon and then had a massive seizure around midnight. I don't know how we will wake up in the mornings now, he was our living alarm clock.

Hunter T. Cat May 2006 - August 2007

imgp0106_4812.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shao Mao Minh   April 2002-April 2008

"What will the radiance which was once so bright, be now forever taken from my sight.........we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains...in the simple thoughts that spring out of human suffering.....that having been....must ever be..."

Posted Image

My beautiful boy, barely six years old, lost his brave fight to over come megacolon today.  

I will miss him every day of my life......

I am so very sorry, kittymommy.  =(  It hurts so much to lose a beloved pet.  I send you hugs and love.

One thing you can do is create a page for him at Catster.com, that way people can always remember him and you can visit his page whenever you want.  Catster has some wonderful groups for owners of kitties who have passed.  

Take care.  

• 1 month later...
Guest madre

Born an "only child" 8/25/2000 on the couch where my son was sleeping, shot and nearly killed by some f$%^ing idiot 5/2001, fought terrible infection from gunshot wound for months, hit by Dad's car (twice), chewed up a glow stick and took on a pretty green hue for a few days, in pain for most of his life...finally resting peacefully in that happy hunting ground in the sky...

Sadly missed by his family...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In memory of my kitty Bob who died today. We only had him for 6 months and the only pictures are on my cell phone.

We just got him all of his shots & had him neutered over the last 5 weeks,

he got sick this week and we found out today that he had feline AIDS. RIP Bob, such a sweet kitty  :(