GoDuBois.com

~~~ PET MEMORIAL PAGE ~~~

VikingPrincess

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest JenMc32

Thomas:  Sassy & playful, furniture hog, window watcher & kid lover.  He'd try to squeeze into any bag or box left on the floor and talk back any time he got into trouble!  Climb into our bedroom window when it was open just to pick a fight with the dog outside...which always led to a humorous argument b/t cat chattering and dog barking....just like they were brother & sister!  Always let me know when the bus was pulling in & kids were home   98 - 7/4/07   :(

post-1876-13623822993751_thumb.jpg

Guest JenMc32

Thomas' "sister" Dakota (yellow lab/chow/shepard mix) just passed away Saturday morning.  Out and about Friday when we were plowing/shoveling and the next morning, gone.  We knew she was slowing down and starting to show her age but it was still sudden & out of the blue.  The boys were just out having a snowball fight Wednesday - with her ducking & dodging and watching to be sure no one got hurt.  

She was our first and only dog to date.  Her and our oldest son grew up together, played for hours together.  Then our youngest son as well.  She made sure our former neighbor's dog (which wasn't so nice) didn't get too close to the kids/house without us knowing it.  You knew when someone was pulling in and out of ours (or any of our neighbor's) driveway(s) and when the boys were home from school.  She was shy, but protective.  Always the first one there if the kids got hurt with a lick to the face and/or look to the door..."MOM, they did it again - someone's cryin!"

:'(   10/97 - 1/31/09  It feels so empty around here.

I'll have to get a picture uploaded, most of them are in album books.

It's never easy losing a pet. God bless you all. When I was a kid out in California, I rescued a 6 week old kitten from the neighborhood bully who had the kitten on a leash spinning her in the air. I took her home, we named her Kiki Kitty. She was a gorgeous siamese. White face, white paws. She traveled with us from California to Kansas to Arkansas then to Pennsylvania. Three weeks after we moved to PA (Sabula) she was hit by a car. I cried for months. I used to dress her up in my baby doll dresses.

I lost my cat yesterday.  Her name was Pheobe and she was almost 15.  It's just been her and I for so long - I'm heart broken over her passing.  It's amazing how these little creatures can make our lives so much better.  I miss her already. :sad:

pheobe_4588.jpg

Guest snellma

I lost my cat yesterday.  Her name was Pheobe and she was almost 15.  It's just been her and I for so long - I'm heart broken over her passing.  It's amazing how these little creatures can make our lives so much better.  I miss her already. :sad:

Sorry to hear that.  What a beautiful picture that is to remember her by.  The colors are gorgeous.

• 1 month later...

Our sweet bobtail & my sink sleeper Bo "Bocephus" 3/05/2008 - 3/13/09, killed on the blind turn in the road I was so afraid of. We only had him for four fun months. He was all heart covered in fur and is irreplaceable, we are getting a hamster :(

Sorry about your kitty.. maybe Midwyfe has a kitty for you?

• 3 months later...

Thomas' "sister" Dakota (yellow lab/chow/shepard mix) just passed away Saturday morning.  Out and about Friday when we were plowing/shoveling and the next morning, gone.  We knew she was slowing down and starting to show her age but it was still sudden & out of the blue.  The boys were just out having a snowball fight Wednesday - with her ducking & dodging and watching to be sure no one got hurt.  

She was our first and only dog to date.  Her and our oldest son grew up together, played for hours together.  Then our youngest son as well.  She made sure our former neighbor's dog (which wasn't so nice) didn't get too close to the kids/house without us knowing it.  You knew when someone was pulling in and out of ours (or any of our neighbor's) driveway(s) and when the boys were home from school.  She was shy, but protective.  Always the first one there if the kids got hurt with a lick to the face and/or look to the door..."MOM, they did it again - someone's cryin!"

:'(   10/97 - 1/31/09  It feels so empty around here.

I'll have to get a picture uploaded, most of them are in album books.

Oh so sorry, I had a cat that looks similar to him :(

• 5 months later...