MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com

42 minutes ago, block said:

Just saw WTAJ (channel 10) is going  to have an update from city officials on tonights evening news.  Not sure if it will air at 5 or 6pm

I seen it WJAC 6.

EPA stated they tested it this week and them and the DuBois honcho's says all is safe that the manganese is below the EPA limit.......

Ok..I read the report online. First testing was Monday...levels were .3 mg/ liter. Tuesday .123 mg/ L. These are both BELOW health risk guidelines. They said a health advisory would only be issued if it was above 1 mg/ L, so it is within safety guidelines. Taste and color are affected after .05 mg/ L. 

50 minutes ago, Sanibel said:

Ok..I read the report online. First testing was Monday...levels were .3 mg/ liter. Tuesday .123 mg/ L. These are both BELOW health risk guidelines. They said a health advisory would only be issued if it was above 1 mg/ L, so it is within safety guidelines. Taste and color are affected after .05 mg/ L. 

Well there ya have it. Looks gross but wont kill you. 

3 minutes ago, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

but ok if ruins your clothes or furnishings

No...definitely NOT ok if it ruins your laundry!  I was just repeating the results from the news. 

14 hours ago, Sanibel said:

First testing was Monday? Wasn't it brown last week? 

12 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

My mom said she has had no issues with doing laundry including whites.

Wouldn't your laundry detergent (Tide, All, Purex, etc.) keep your laundry clean/white? I mean, the water isn't coming out tar black or anything, right?

We've been doing laundry in Treasure Lake for years with less than stellar water, sometimes it's yellow and sometimes it's brown.

20 hours ago, TucsonSunset said:

Such whiners.  TL residents drink all kinds of colored water.  We pretend that the yellow water is tea and the brown water is coffee.  Nothing like finding water in the toilet looking like no one flushed for a week.  

I can't speak for your water, but mine has improved significantly since AQUA purchased the TL water and sewer system.  It still reeks of sulfur, just not quite as bad.  I have had a taste and odor filter on the incoming line for nearly 30 years but that hasn't made the water as good as we could hope for, just somewhat better.   We had a new water main run on our street a couple years ago and I see markers in place that may indicate something going on with some sewer lines is going to happen shortly.

AQUA is spending a lot of money to rebuild a system that is a lot older than most of us remember.  I hope the results will be worth the time and effort.  So far, so good, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, hipower said:

I can't speak for your water, but mine has improved significantly since AQUA purchased the TL water and sewer system.  It still reeks of sulfur, just not quite as bad.  I have had a taste and odor filter on the incoming line for nearly 30 years but that hasn't made the water as good as we could hope for, just somewhat better.   We had a new water main run on our street a couple years ago and I see markers in place that may indicate something going on with some sewer lines is going to happen shortly.

AQUA is spending a lot of money to rebuild a system that is a lot older than most of us remember.  I hope the results will be worth the time and effort.  So far, so good, in my opinion.

AQUA seems to be on the right track.  Time will tell.  They have been responsive to phone calls and they do send automated messages if there is a problem with the water system.  That is a big improvement over the prior water management company.   I hope that the water situation in DuBois as well as TL raises the awareness of the importance of water quality.   People should be extremely concerned about anything that would compromise the water supply.  It's hard to believe that in 2017 we still have to worry about water supplies in this country having lead in them given the amount of evidence showing that lead creates brain damage.  

Just now, Vader said:

You don't apply that same concept with snow do you? :)

LOL, no!!! I don't go to DuBois to drink yellow water, but the lady at the sleep lab didn't know why it was that color. I explained to her why it was yellow, & she said are you sure you want to drink it? I told her I used to drink from the sulfer creek all the time when I was a kid & I'm still alive!!