MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com
Elvis

Maybe new bar

What are they building down by Coopers tire place is it going to be another bar we need another one in Dubois we don't have enough, since that new one came in and your trying to go threw town there just enough room for two cars to get threw with parking on both sides

44 minutes ago, Elvis said:

What are they building down by Coopers tire place is it going to be another bar we need another one in Dubois we don't have enough, since that new one came in and your trying to go threw town there just enough room for two cars to get threw with parking on both sides

We definitely have enough bars

Yes it is going to be Granite Expressions. I had heard that the old Swede club was going to be a hoagie/sub type of business.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

Speaking of new bar...Dr. Doolittle's is opening a "Nano-brewery" soon (Boxcar Brew Works).  A nano-brewery is one that produces in small batches.  I think they will also have commercial beers on tap (i.e. Dogfish Head, Victory, Otto's, etc). 

In this area of Western/Central Pa. if you see a new building going up or an existing one getting remodeled if you guess pizza joint, restaurant, or nursing home you're usually about 95% spot on.....;)

Western/Central Pa. The Capitol of Bars/Clubs, Churches, and Nursing Homes! 

I saw Granite Expression trucks there today so hopefully that's true.  It's better than a bar!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

21 hours ago, Elvis said:

Considering that DuBois is down 3 bars since the early 2000's, I'd say it needs that many more.

JJ's burnt down and wasn't replaced.

Dario's closed down and wasn't replaced.

The Central is now a restaurant.

Jesse's burnt down and was effectively replaced by Station 101.

2 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

Considering that DuBois is down 3 bars since the early 2000's, I'd say it needs that many more.

JJ's didnt burn down, they closed and sold to the Friendly Tavern and was the FRIENDLY 2.

JJ's was my stomping grounds back in the day Lol, used to have some wild nights there, it just wasnt the same without John and Kay, they where good people, sadly John died in a horrible fight.

Many great times there, sucks getting older sometimes :)

1 hour ago, thertguy said:

JJ's didnt burn down, they closed and sold to the Friendly Tavern and was the FRIENDLY 2.

JJ's was my stomping grounds back in the day Lol, used to have some wild nights there, it just wasnt the same without John and Kay, they where good people, sadly John died in a horrible fight.

Many great times there, sucks getting older sometimes :)

I stand corrected.

But still down 3 bars..  lol

23 minutes ago, dubois_15801 said:

Wasn't there a club of some sort right near the library?   I think it had a bowling alley in it.

I remember going there a few times as a guest.

That would have been the old Eagles on E Long Ave. Way back in the day we bowled there a couple of times. 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

12 minutes ago, steelnut said:

That would have been the old Eagles on E Long Ave. Way back in the day we bowled there a couple of times. 

Ya Eagles, we went there under 21 to drink also :)

13 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

Wasn't there a club of some sort right near the library?   I think it had a bowling alley in it.

I remember going there a few times as a guest.

The Elks was across for the library, upstairs and had bowling alleys with semi automatic pinsetters.  I sat there racking pins many nights while maniacal bowlers tried to kill the pin boy.  Or at least that seemed to be their goal.

17 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

Dario's license moved to the DuBois Diner so it wasn't lost.

4 hours ago, hipower said:

The Elks was across for the library, upstairs and had bowling alleys with semi automatic pinsetters.  I sat there racking pins many nights while maniacal bowlers tried to kill the pin boy.  Or at least that seemed to be their goal.

Was there also some kind of go-go joint in that area as well. Girls and such.

6 hours ago, TD said:

Was there also some kind of go-go joint in that area as well. Girls and such.

You gotta be talking about the fabulous Stagecoach Lounge. That was in the front of the Pershing.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup