MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Harvey Mungaknuts

New electric meters

14 hours ago, Gator11 said:

you are not the only one whose bill has jumped. They will tell you that your old meter must have been reading slow.

That would be the expected response.  Never admit that the newer meter might be reading fast.  :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, steelnut said:

Is there any way you can track your usage to make sure it's correct?

Look at the meter and the newer ones are easier to read than the old ones,  The readout is digital now.  Write down the reading periodically and compare it to your bill, you should be close to their readings even if you don't check it on the exact days they do.

Most of us will quickly say "I can't be using that much electricity" while completely ignoring the fact that we ran a room air conditioner,dehumidifier or ceiling fan many hours during the month.  Maybe we loaded a fresh wrapped side of beef in the freezer and it ran an extra few hours to get everything frozen again.  Darned electric use is sneaky and we don't always think about everything we have working that just sucks it up.

7 hours ago, Vader said:

I got a letter as well. In fact, when they did pull it, the power was never interrupted - no blinking clocks, PF readings on appliances, etc.

I watched her change mine and she said she could it without interrupting the power to the house so I did not have to shut anything down. 

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

21 hours ago, Gator11 said:

I watched her change mine and she said she could it without interrupting the power to the house so I did not have to shut anything down. 

I was home when they did mine, but didn't watch.  There was no interruption of power which surprised me, since someone breathing on the lines usually shuts it off for a second or two.