MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Gator11

Is it just me?

Has anyone seen the price of new and used trucks lately. Wow

When I see prices of 45,000 on new ones and that's one of the middle of the road ones I think wow. Used truck prices for something with over 100,000 miles on it for 20,000 thats 7 years old and 3 year old ones for 35,000 well thats just to darn much. I make good money but I wont throw it away. Looks like I may just do a complete resto on mine and save between 15,000 and 40,000. 

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, Gator11 said:

Has anyone seen the price of new and used trucks lately. Wow

When I see prices of 45,000 on new ones and that's one of the middle of the road ones I think wow. Used truck prices for something with over 100,000 miles on it for 20,000 thats 7 years old and 3 year old ones for 35,000 well thats just to darn much. I make good money but I wont throw it away. Looks like I may just do a complete resto on mine and save between 15,000 and 40,000. 

I think I bought my last big truck at the perfect time. I bought a 2009 F-250 King Ranch with 49K miles on it in 2012 for $36K. When I saw the new 2017s on the road, I looked up the King Ranch price online. $85K :shock1:

I know the emissions regulations drove the price of the engines up by about 15%, but good lord, there's no excuse for a 3/4 ton truck to cost that much money. The only good thing about that is that with my truck still having under 80K miles on it, it's worth almost as much as I paid for it.

yep used truck prices are holding their value as well. I bet if gasoline went up another $1 prices would fall rapidly as no one would be buying except people who needed them for work etc.

I may break down and get a new 3/4 ton. I really like my truck but it is only a half ton and I need something just a bit bigger to haul with.

I have looked at and gotten prices of used ones and they are 30 to 35k and they are three years old. I may as well buy a new one and get a good warranty and keep it till I die

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

1 hour ago, Gator11 said:

yep used truck prices are holding their value as well. I bet if gasoline went up another $1 prices would fall rapidly as no one would be buying except people who needed them for work etc.

I may break down and get a new 3/4 ton. I really like my truck but it is only a half ton and I need something just a bit bigger to haul with.

I have looked at and gotten prices of used ones and they are 30 to 35k and they are three years old. I may as well buy a new one and get a good warranty and keep it till I die

Hubby is a die hard Silverado guy and they just have to be a 2500 series. When he traded in the last one in 2014 for a new one, I told him that it had,to be the last one. The prices are absolutely crazy! And he, like our son (a Dodge Ram fan) baby their trucks. And to me, I grew up on a farm and trucks were for work, but oh no, not now. They recently tarred and chipped our road. The day they did it, hubby had to run into town. Did he take his truck???? No, he took my CRV! :(

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

I am also a chevy man. If it is any consolation his 2014 probably can be sold for not much less than what he paid for it back then from the prices I have seen in the used car lots.

22 hours ago, Gator11 said:

I am also a chevy man. If it is any consolation his 2014 probably can be sold for not much less than what he paid for it back then from the prices I have seen in the used car lots.

I know, I see the prices of the used ones and it's just crazy!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --