ALL MEMBERS OF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER TO POST ADS HERE  >> REGISTER HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
_Rusty_

So Where Do We Get Good Water?

So now that we've had a taste of "Well Water", where can we go (besides the grocery store) to find clean spring water?  There used to be Springs that you could stop at along the roadways, but I haven't noticed one in quite some time... Reynoldsville out by the Big Elm, Clearfield Mountain out by Rocton...  are there any spots to go to today??

First the well water I grew up on was crystal clear straight from the ground to the taps. No filters no softeners. 

As far as springs go the best I can think of in Fox Twp in Elk county. It's back off of 5 Points and Fire tower road.

1 hour ago, _Rusty_ said:

So now that we've had a taste of "Well Water", where can we go (besides the grocery store) to find clean spring water?  There used to be Springs that you could stop at along the roadways, but I haven't noticed one in quite some time... Reynoldsville out by the Big Elm, Clearfield Mountain out by Rocton...  are there any spots to go to today??

There is a spring out at Hazen we use to go to. From 28 take the 1st right  on 830 past the Methodist Church. Go back 1 mile to the left.  After a good rain it would flow like a  fast garden hose.

3 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

So.....were we drinking well water?  If so, why? 

Better than sick water...springs,Knoxdale near the overpass before Ramsey town.Pike road near the old elnora mines.

Just how clean and safe is water out of a spring along side a road? 

In a pinch it may be fine, but is it really?

If I were to go that route, I'd sample it and have it tested before using it as a primary drinking water source.

We were recently down at Linn Run state park and people had jugs filling them with water coming out of a pipe. Hopefully it's good water there.

50 minutes ago, tompepper said:

Better than sick water...springs,Knoxdale near the overpass before Ramsey town.Pike road near the old elnora mines.

My question was more wondering if the city switched to the wells from the reservoir and if so, why a switch was made.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

28 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

My question was more wondering if the city switched to the wells from the reservoir and if so, why a switch was made.

I would like to know the same thing. I have a reliable source that I will ask and post what I find out.

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Very good question. I thought they were being drilled as a back up source for the reservoir?

If I remember correctly they had to provide another source in order to sell water to the fracking  companies.  Also, the reservoir will eventually need dredged and the wells could help while it is being done.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Petee said:

If I remember correctly they had to provide another source in order to sell water to the fracking  companies.  Also, the reservoir will eventually need dredged and the wells could help while it is being done.

The city  sold water for fracking for only a few years plus what they sold amounted to nothing as far as water usage.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:41 PM, Petee said:

Those wells have been there a lot longer than any fracking goings on.   I know, because my company has been involved with them.  My understanding is that they are a back up.  Those are good wells and if the City needs to use them, so be it.  Nothing wrong with that water. 

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

4 hours ago, Cacao said:

In college, we used to get water out of a spring on river hill near the Clarion river.  My girlfriend, now wife, got E-coli.  It was brutal.  It was the most valuable learning of our college careers, never drink from a spring.

How unfortunate.  I wouldn't say never.  There are a lot of good springs around that are just fine.  You just need to confirm that it is a safe source and is being used by folks on an ongoing basis.  If in doubt, get a sample and have it tested.  And you can always boil it before consuming.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"