ALL MEMBERS OF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER TO POST ADS HERE  >> REGISTER HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Trish

Roads in DuBois

No need to worry.  The city may get one or two streets in decent shape, but there will be ten more that needed repaired just as bad.  Beaver Drive, one of the heaviest traveled streets in the city is fast becoming something resembling a war zone.  I won't hold my breath waiting for it to be repaired properly any time soon.

Just to keep our blame game accurate, the city didn't have anything to do with the repaving, or lack of repairs previously, of Brady Street.  That's a state highway.

23 hours ago, Chili N Corn said:

I live at that way also (not at T.L. )  .... and I couldn't have said it better myself .... here's a few pics  as promised

pothole 1.JPG

Maybe we can name each pothole?  ?

Better not though because the names be a little offensive to some people. ?

25 minutes ago, gopsu said:

I guess I could turn right onto Hetrick Road and then a left onto Juniata Street Extension and ride it all the way to 219 to avoid the potholes.

20170813_202912.png

I've taken alternate routes, the one you posted and also, cutting up Hayes Ave. It's crazy though. This is a city street, not a state route, they need to do something. Just wait until this winter...then when next spring comes...I don't even want to think about it.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, Chili N Corn said:

The " land mine field " that the city calls First street from the church the  city line has already cost me a tie rod end on my car .... when I called the city public works director to see what  their plan is for that stretch of road all I was told it is on their schedule to  be paved (I'm not holding my breath ) I was also told that between now and then I would need to slow down ....  I said excuse me ???  The speed limit is 25 mph  through there ...if you travel  anything over  10  to 15 mph tops , you will rip your car apart ... I also asked that he not insinuate that I speed on that or any other roads in Dubois ...

I was told this 3 years ago about the road I lived on.  It wasn't 1st street but they said "its on the schedule".  Three years have gone by...

Evolution: you can believe in it if you want, but

My ancestors were human.  Sorry to hear about yours!

The "schedule" is great and all if you're street is on it and the street is at the top of the list, however when your street is in poor condition and it is 5 years down the schedule, then that stinks!

Treasure Lake has a schedule as well. They might as well not evwn bother because they only do about 5 miles of paving each year and then they waste money on poorly done tar & chipping right before Winter. By Spring, the plows have the chips off the roads and in people's front yards. It happenes on Port Au Prince Road about 3-4 years ago.