MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Trish

Roads in DuBois

Evidently the City doesn't think it's worth doing??? Many, many folks travel that road every day. They sure hustled to put in new water lines and re-pave First St. when the new Country Club and hotel were opening, but of course all of the water line replacement and street paving ended at Lakeside Ave.....hmmmm, I'm just saying.... 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

1 hour ago, gopsu said:

I dread going in and out of the back gate at TL due to 1st Street.

The " land mine field " that the city calls First street from the church the  city line has already cost me a tie rod end on my car .... when I called the city public works director to see what  their plan is for that stretch of road all I was told it is on their schedule to  be paved (I'm not holding my breath ) I was also told that between now and then I would need to slow down ....  I said excuse me ???  The speed limit is 25 mph  through there ...if you travel  anything over  10  to 15 mph tops , you will rip your car apart ... I also asked that he not insinuate that I speed on that or any other roads in Dubois ...

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.........

48 minutes ago, Chili N Corn said:

The " land mine field " that the city calls First street from the church the  city line has already cost me a tie rod end on my car .... when I called the city public works director to see what  their plan is for that stretch of road all I was told it is on their schedule to  be paved (I'm not holding my breath ) I was also told that between now and then I would need to slow down ....  I said excuse me ???  The speed limit is 25 mph  through there ...if you travel  anything over  10  to 15 mph tops , you will rip your car apart ... I also asked that he not insinuate that I speed on that or any other roads in Dubois ...

Many have complained and get the same thing....slow down....it's crazy.

I think that I may just start calling Herm every day next week to complain, not that it'll do any good, but he'll know that I'm tired of it.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

3 hours ago, Chili N Corn said:

"Land mine field"......that is a great explanation for it. ?

8 hours ago, steelnut said:

Many have complained and get the same thing....slow down....it's crazy.

I think that I may just start calling Herm every day next week to complain, not that it'll do any good, but he'll know that I'm tired of it.

Maybe a nicely worded email along with some photos attached and sent to WJAC 6 and WTAJ 10 news would get some results from the powers that be...... 

instead of worrying if our grass is 7" high  PATCH THE ROADS !!

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

Not to defend the City in any way, but First Street was on the list of paving projects released for bids to be paved this year.  I don't recall seeing those bids being received or awarded though.  Might want to ask that of Herm, but since I live in Sandy Township I doubt me input would count for much.  Actually it doesn't count for much anyhow.

20 minutes ago, Jt1985 said:

Lets just say if your driving fast enough to throw out ur tie rod end or mess up ur car on that road it is your fault. You know the road sucks and most people that drive down that road I have yet see drive 25.  Just my opinion.

Clearly you haven't driven much on that road (I do a minimum of twice a day )  you have to either drive on the opposite side of the road to avoid the maze of potholes  or if there is another car coming towards you, you take your chances  and do your best not to mess up your car, and as deep as some of those hole have become ( I'll  post a few pics later), you really don't need to be driving fast to throw out a tie rod end. 

14 hours ago, gopsu said:

I dread going in and out of the back gate at TL due to 1st Street.

Can you go the other way ?...........o` them roads are bad too ?...............it`s all over Penna , call the guvner not the local officials....... Duh ! our money goes for new docks at philly , tunnels in pitts , ..limos for gov and other hi ups , buses in the hoods .........hi gas tax = fix-em-ups , .........cept in Pa.

1 hour ago, Chili N Corn said:

Clearly you haven't driven much on that road (I do a minimum of twice a day )  you have to either drive on the opposite side of the road to avoid the maze of potholes  or if there is another car coming towards you, you take your chances  and do your best not to mess up your car, and as deep as some of those hole have become ( I'll  post a few pics later), you really don't need to be driving fast to throw out a tie rod end. 

Kinda weird I drive down it alot and I see the bumps and holes and miss them. Might hit one or two but I know to drive slower than aloud to avoid hitting them. Am I saying it doesn't need attended to no I'm not. It definitely needs fixed but you have to have dry weather and other work done first before this. The have a list and they have to follow it or their work gets to be going every direction. Just like everyone's job. There's rules to follow and steps to take to do the job right. I'm simply stating either slow down more or don't drive it and take the extra ten minutes to go threw the front gate. Unless you live out in clear run then u just have to go 5mph instead of 10mph. If I don't want my car to break I take precautions and if it does break then I know the part was bad in the first place and thank God it broke going slow and not down I-80. 

Penna has a sicko affinity for band aids upon band aids upon band aids when it comes to road repairs...........even on the hi-speed 4 lane ones .........we won`t even get into bridge approaches like the rte 28 one near harmar area . call county commissioners, complain to ask to get more for their districts , .......the past ones did and got their piece of the $$ pie.

I dont drive that road but if you have to swerve to avoid hitting potholes then it needs to be fixed. You may swerve into another vehicle or someone on a bike. What if a person at night is riding their bike down that road and cannot see a pothole in time whose fault is it. I believe the city could be held liable now that they have been informed of the dangers of this road. At the very least city officials can send a truck out and temporarily fill those potholes

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

I didn't start the thread to decide who drives to fast or slow thru the potholes or whose car needed fixed. Just if anyone else called the city.  Every one is quick to judge each other. :no:

6 hours ago, Jt1985 said:

Kinda weird I drive down it alot and I see the bumps and holes and miss them. Might hit one or two but I know to drive slower than aloud to avoid hitting them. Am I saying it doesn't need attended to no I'm not. It definitely needs fixed but you have to have dry weather and other work done first before this. The have a list and they have to follow it or their work gets to be going every direction. Just like everyone's job. There's rules to follow and steps to take to do the job right. I'm simply stating either slow down more or don't drive it and take the extra ten minutes to go threw the front gate. Unless you live out in clear run then u just have to go 5mph instead of 10mph. If I don't want my car to break I take precautions and if it does break then I know the part was bad in the first place and thank God it broke going slow and not down I-80. 

Well I am glad you can miss them  all . I Can't there are way too many anyways, thanks for the advice

16 minutes ago, Trish said:

Well I am glad you can miss them  all . I Can't there are way too many anyways, thanks for the advice

Didn't say I missed them all but thank you. Good day.

Sounds like up here on highland street! First it was the gas company now it's the water! They to.d me that about October it will be paved!! Well, we were coming back from Knoebels this past Monday evening and damn near got into an accident due to the stupid state guys putting out cones. They were in the middle of the damn road and it was me, and 2 tractor trailers that nearly got into it! We saw flashing lights and thought it was an ambulance and it was the truck! Couldn't see anything until I got right up on them!!!! 

11 hours ago, Chili N Corn said:

I don't live at the lake but I do live out that way and there is no excuse for the condition of First St from Lakeside to the city line. The speed limit is 25mph and I go about 10 mph. There is no way to miss all of the holes. Even if I gave it a good try, I'm sure it would look like I was a drunk driver and I'd still hit holes. It's crazy. 

-- Jack Lambert --

7 minutes ago, steelnut said:

I don't live at the lake but I do live out that way and there is no excuse for the condition of First St from Lakeside to the city line. The speed limit is 25mph and I go about 10 mph. There is no way to miss all of the holes. Even if I gave it a good try, I'm sure it would look like I was a drunk driver and I'd still hit holes. It's crazy. 

I live at that way also (not at T.L. )  .... and I couldn't have said it better myself .... here's a few pics  as promised

pothole 1.JPG

5 minutes ago, Chili N Corn said:

I live at that way also (not at T.L. )  .... and I couldn't have said it better myself .... here's a few pics  as promised

pothole 1.JPG

I actually recognize that one!

-- Jack Lambert --