MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com
BigT

City Park

42 minutes ago, ChapMan said:

It's a Christian concert.  There have been some local bands and Sanctus Real, a popular Christian band, is closing.  There will be fireworks at 10:00 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Charged, the organization that put it all together.

Thank you for the information.

We are well over 4 miles away and we enjoyed the music as we sat around the campfire in our backyard!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

19 hours ago, Gator11 said:

They had a band in Brockway tonight along with fireworks.

The old professional Johnny Angel and the Halos.  With a guest appearance by the guy who wrote "Money, Money" from the Shondells who happens to be from Dubois.  For 50's and 60's , great performance. Good crowd. Then fireworks. 

12 minutes ago, jaman said:

The old professional Johnny Angel and the Halos.  With a guest appearance by the guy who wrote "Money, Money" from the Shondells who happens to be from Dubois.  For 50's and 60's , great performance. Good crowd. Then fireworks. 

I did not make it down there but the rest of the family did. My Granddaughter enjoyed it. She was dancing and clapping up a storm I heard and she is only two and a half years old. The guy from the Shondells was Ron Rosman. My wife is friends and works with his daughter. If I can get my wife to upload the video I will post it in another thread of my granddaughter dancing. The clapping when they were finished with the song was the funniest. We were at my brothers one night and two guys with guitars were playing and she danced and clapped with them also. She just loves music. 

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

2 hours ago, Gator11 said:

I did not make it down there but the rest of the family did. My Granddaughter enjoyed it. She was dancing and clapping up a storm I heard and she is only two and a half years old. The guy from the Shondells was Ron Rosman. My wife is friends and works with his daughter. If I can get my wife to upload the video I will post it in another thread of my granddaughter dancing. The clapping when they were finished with the song was the funniest. We were at my brothers one night and two guys with guitars were playing and she danced and clapped with them also. She just loves music. 

She definitely does love music. She's so cute when she dances.  

It is nice that Dubois and the other communities have these areas available and actually utilize them. Great places to spend a day or evening without having to go to far or spending lots of money since mostly they are free to attend.

I remember visiting Baltimore Harbor and they have an area with seating where street performers go and put on shows for people. It was nice seeing comedians etc play there and while you do not have to pay you can still give them a tip if you wish. San Jose actually shut down a street uptown I believe every Thursday and put up a screen and showed movies etc for whoever wanted to watch. 

So kudos to the local municipalities who do this for the people and do not let those areas gather dust. It is not just the cities who do this but lots of organizations have events throughout the year at granges, parks, churches etc.  If people just do a little searching they can find all kind of events to attend and have a great time without breaking your budget or going to far. 

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom