ALL MEMBERS OF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER TO POST ADS HERE  >> REGISTER HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
gopsu

Penn State Frat Brothers - Recovered Video

Sororities and Fraternities are businesses that should no longer be on college campuses.  When I was in college, they did nothing besides provide a basement to throw a party in.  At PSU, THON would run fine without them.

As I said before, the felony charges are an overreach by an out of control DA (outgoing) who was using this case for her reelection.  This news coverage will guarantee that an out of county jury will be brought in or the trial will be moved to another county.  In my opinion the DA should be brought before the Disciplinary Board for this pre-trial blitz.

I believe from the reading of the first Criminal Complaint and the supporting Affidavit of Probable Cause that some of the defendants are probably guilty of misdemeanors, but not felonies.  A Court has already agreed with my opinion.  I'll be willing to reconsider upon reading of the new material.

How much responsibility does the "victim" have to assume for accepting the drinks and swallowing? At what point does the responsibility switch from an intoxicated person to those serving him especially if it isn't a professional bartender and the servers were drinking as well? Can it be proven that it was apparent that he was in medical distress? Did they just think he was passed out from drink? Stupidity isn't actionable.   I wouldn't want to be on the jury for this one. Everyone of those present apparently have fewer ethics and morals than wild animals. I've had dogs that had more empathy and compassion but being a lousy human being  isn't illegal. 

38 minutes ago, legal said:

As I said before, the felony charges are an overreach by an out of control DA (outgoing) who was using this case for her reelection.  This news coverage will guarantee that an out of county jury will be brought in or the trial will be moved to another county.  In my opinion the DA should be brought before the Disciplinary Board for this pre-trial blitz.

I believe from the reading of the first Criminal Complaint and the supporting Affidavit of Probable Cause that some of the defendants are probably guilty of misdemeanors, but not felonies.  A Court has already agreed with my opinion.  I'll be willing to reconsider upon reading of the new material.

She is already scheduled for a disciplinary hearing on November 29th for creating a false identity on Facebook to snoop on people. I would not be surprised if she has to pay them another visit:

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/article168241477.html

this was from a statement from the Centre Daily Times article

That's because failing to help isn't against the law in Pennsylvania

Actually i thought it was a law. For example , you are the first person at an accident. I always thought that you must stop and try to provide aid or face a misdemeanor charge.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

3 hours ago, lavender said:

How much responsibility does the "victim" have to assume for accepting the drinks and swallowing? At what point does the responsibility switch from an intoxicated person to those serving him especially if it isn't a professional bartender and the servers were drinking as well? Can it be proven that it was apparent that he was in medical distress? Did they just think he was passed out from drink? Stupidity isn't actionable.   I wouldn't want to be on the jury for this one. Everyone of those present apparently have fewer ethics and morals than wild animals. I've had dogs that had more empathy and compassion but being a lousy human being  isn't illegal. 

I've asked that same question about the victim's responsibility for his actions that led to this.  Not that the others that participated in any way should not shoulder some of the blame for this.  He was legally an adult, but not of legal drinking age. 

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, BillyC said:

this was from a statement from the Centre Daily Times article

That's because failing to help isn't against the law in Pennsylvania

Actually i thought it was a law. For example , you are the first person at an accident. I always thought that you must stop and try to provide aid or face a misdemeanor charge.

I'm not sure that applies to passers-by. However, I'm unsure of what is meant by "attended by" in the first sentence of section (a).

§ 3744.  Duty to give information and render aid.

(a)  General rule.--The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any person or damage to any vehicle or other property which is driven or attended by any person shall give his name, address and the registration number of the vehicle he is driving, and shall upon request exhibit his driver's license and information relating to financial responsibility to any person injured in the accident or to the driver or occupant of or person attending any vehicle or other property damaged in the accident and shall give the information and upon request exhibit the license and information relating to financial responsibility to any police officer at the scene of the accident or who is investigating the accident and shall render to any person injured in the accident reasonable assistance, including the making of arrangements for the carrying of the injured person to a physician, surgeon or hospital for medical or surgical treatment if it is apparent that treatment is necessary or if requested by the injured person.

(b)  Report of accident to police.--In the event that none of the persons specified are in condition to receive the information to which they otherwise would be entitled under subsection (a) and no police officer is present, the driver of any vehicle involved in the accident after fulfilling all other requirements of section 3742 (relating to accidents involving death or personal injury) and subsection (a), insofar as possible on his part to be performed, shall forthwith report the accident to the nearest office of a duly authorized police department and submit to the police department the information specified in subsection (a).

(c)  Duty of occupants if driver disabled.--Whenever the driver of a vehicle is physically unable to give the information or assistance required in this section and there are other occupants in the vehicle at the time of the accident who are physically able to give the information or assistance required in this section, each of the other occupants shall fully reveal the identity of himself and the identity of the driver of the vehicle and of the owner of the vehicle of which they are occupants and shall otherwise perform the duties of the driver as set forth in subsection (a).

75c3744v

(Feb. 12, 1984, P.L.26, No.11, eff. Oct. 1, 1984)

1984 Amendment.  Act 11 amended subsec. (a).

Cross References.  Section 3744 is referred to in sections 3742, 3743, 3745.1 of this title.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup