2018 KIWANIS COUPON BOOK >>> GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT >> HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Just heard Julio's Bar is closing!

Just found out that Julio's bar is closing the 22nd, last day for the kitchen is this Saturday the 18th.

REMEMBER BMP SYSTEMS INC FOR ALL YOUR COMPUTER REPAIR NEEDS AND ALL OF YOUR OFFICE EQUIPMENT SALES, SERVICE, AND SUPPLIES!!!!

CALL ME AT 814-371-3881

Thanks Steve, I wasn't 100% sure and don't like to say if I don't know 100%. Last time someone was in to get supplies for the cash register they said about something health wise had happened.

REMEMBER BMP SYSTEMS INC FOR ALL YOUR COMPUTER REPAIR NEEDS AND ALL OF YOUR OFFICE EQUIPMENT SALES, SERVICE, AND SUPPLIES!!!!

CALL ME AT 814-371-3881

It may well open again in the same style with the same menu and even employees.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Customers say goodbye to longtime DuBois business

Customers in Clearfield County gathered for one last drink Wednesday to say goodbye to a local restaurant and bar. (WJAC)

DUBOIS - Customers in Clearfield County gathered for one last drink Wednesday to say goodbye to a local restaurant and bar.

Julio's Tavern on South Jared Street in DuBois closed its kitchen Saturday and closed its bar Wednesday.

Owner Frank Valdes said he and his family have owned the business for about 20 years. But due to recent health issues, he said they decided to sell the business.

"We've had a good time here, we've had fun and the community has been good to us," Valdes said.

Customers said Julio's was known for its good food and great friends.

"To me, if you ever watched TV, there was a program called 'Cheers'," customer Dave Gralla said. "This is our 'Cheers' bar because everybody knows your name."

Valdes said Julio's held a Toys for Tots drive every Christmas and provided a free meal to those who served each Veterans Day.

"It really is a family, it's really going to be missed and it's going to be a really hard day," a former employee, Sue Reid, said.

Valdes said he hopes his customers remember the business for all the laughs it helped them share.

"I'd like to say 'thank you' to all the people that spent their time here," Valdes said. "They supported what we did and my regulars that came in were my friends. We've made a lot of good friendships that I'll never forget and I hope they don't either."

The inventory and building are for sale.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    SEE VIDEO AND TWEET ;   http://wjactv.com/news/local/customers-say-goodbye-to-longtime-dubois-business