2018 KIWANIS COUPON BOOK >>> GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT >> HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
TD

LCB Requirement to serve food

Is it just me or is does it seem like a really dumb idea to make the stores that sell beer and wine to also serve food. Like a gas station or a grocery store. It just seems a little much. They don't serve food ( not even cheese) at the LCB stores run by the state.

14 minutes ago, TD said:

Is it just me or is does it seem like a really dumb idea to make the stores that sell beer and wine to also serve food. Like a gas station or a grocery store. It just seems a little much. They don't serve food ( not even cheese) at the LCB stores run by the state.

I don't get that either. IMO, it's an incredible waste of money and space. 

It was pretty much the opposite, if a restaurant wanted to serve alcohol then they had to be a real food service location and not just a bar.  They have different LCB regulations.  

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

They don't serve food ( not even cheese) at the LCB stores run by the state.

You said it all right there. The state owns the liquor stores and can do what they want. They also issue the licenses and can write the rules. Social clubs have way different rules than bars as far as the state goes. The state of PA sure does have some outdated laws.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

Just a hoop that you need to jump through.  I researched a brewers license a few years ago.  It's a super cheap license and they food requirements are pretty lax.  You can serve soft pretzels and cheese trays to be in compliance.  

7 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Would I want a business where I would have to serve clients like me?  Probably why I'm not in the bar business!

Good one 

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

56 minutes ago, dubois_15801 said:

Technically PA doesn't have bars.  ....we have restaurants that serve alcohol.  For them to get the license to serve alcohol they have to sell so much food for consumption on premise.

FOOD-RELATED REQUIREMENTS FOR RESTAURANT (R), EATING PLACE (E), & HOTEL (H) LICENSEES

•   Must maintain dishes and silverware sufficient to serve 30 or more patrons at one time.

•   Must offer a menu of food that is available for ordering.

•   May establish hours of food availability, but food must be available daily.

UNACCEPTABLE FOOD OFFERINGS

•   Snack items (chips, pretzels, peanuts, etc.) only

•   Expired or post-dated food

•   Raw or frozen food without any method for cooking the food

•   Food that cannot be identified or quantified due to long-term freezing

•   Individual ingredients or food items that cannot be readily prepared as a meal

•   Amounts or quantities of food that would not provide for 30 patrons at one time (examples: one pound of roast beef, 12 sandwiches, two steaks, three small cans of soup, etc.)