Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

1 Winning Ticket Sold In $450 Million Mega Millions Drawing

1 winning ticket sold in $450 million Mega Millions drawing

One Mega Millions ticket matched all six numbers and will claim a $450 million grand prize.

The winning numbers drawn Friday night to claim the nation's 10th largest jackpot were 28-30-39-59-70-10.

It was not immediately known where the winning ticket was sold.

Lottery officials also increased the jackpot of Powerball, the other national lottery game, to $570 million. That drawing is Saturday night.

The jackpots refer to the annuity options for both games, in which payments are made over 29 years. Most winners opt for cash options, which would be $281 million for Mega Millions and $358.5 million for Powerball.

The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot are one in 302.5 million. Powerball odds are one in 292.2 million.                                                                                                                                                               http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/05/1-winning-ticket-sold-in-450-million-mega-millions-drawing.html

One winning ticket sold in $450 million Mega Millions drawing

FILE - In this July 1, 2016, file photo, Mega Millions lottery tickets rest on a counter at a Pilot travel center near Burlington, N.C. (AP Photo/Gerry Broome, File)

Lottery officials announced Saturday that one ticket matching all six numbers was sold in Friday night's $450 million Mega Millions drawing.

The winning numbers were 28, 30, 39, 59 and 70, plus the gold Mega Ball 10. The winning ticket was sold in Florida but a winner has not yet been identified.

The winning numbers were drawn on Friday Jan. 5, 2018. (KDBC)

“Congratulations to Florida on their big jackpot win,” Mega Millions Lead Director and Maryland Lottery and Gaming Director Gordon Medenica said in a statement. ”This has been an exciting run for Mega Millions players and a great way to start off the new year! But it’s not over yet. We’re looking forward to Saturday’s $570 million Powerball jackpot. Good luck, everyone!”

This was the fourth-biggest jackpot in Mega Millions history and the first since October.

Eight other tickets were sold that matched five numbers, including one each in California, Massachusetts, Tennessee and Virginia, and two each in Oklahoma and Texas. Nearly 3 million people won prizes on some level on Friday night.

http://wjactv.com/news/nation-world/one-winning-ticket-sold-in-450-million-mega-millions-drawing

When the jackpots get really high, I'll play. I figure what the heck, my odds are as good as anyone else's :)

The odds haven't been I'n my favor yet though....

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

20-year-old from Florida wins $451M Mega Millions jackpot

37752b19-e221-4861-be7c-f932cfd3b875-lar

A 20-year-old man from Port Richey claimed the Mega Millions jackpot. (MGN)

A 20-year-old man from Port Richey, Florida is the sole winner of the $451 million Mega Millions jackpot.

Shane Missler of Port Richey claimed the massive prize Friday. He is the managing member of the Secret 007 LLC Trust.

Missler chose a one-time lump-sum payment of $281,874,999, according to the Florida Lottery.

"I’m only 20, but I hope to use it to pursue a variety of passions, help my family and do some good for humanity," said Missler.

Missler said he had a feeling he won on the night of the drawing before sharing the good news with his brother. He told his father over coffee the next morning.

"This series of jackpot rollovers is not only life-changing for this young man, it has allowed us to contribute more than $23 million to education that will greatly benefit our state’s students and schools," the Florida Lottery said in a press release.                                                                                                                                                                 http://wjactv.com/news/nation-world/20-year-old-from-florida-wins-mega-millions-jackpot

On 1/6/2018 at 5:01 PM, conservativeman633 said:

there is a 100% fool-proof way to win these giant lotteries.......................don't play.

Then what happens to all that extra tax revenue that you consistently applaud from the lottery.

On 1/6/2018 at 6:35 PM, steelnut said:

When the jackpots get really high, I'll play. I figure what the heck, my odds are as good as anyone else's :)

The odds haven't been I'n my favor yet though....

I think there is more chance of winning when the jackpot isn't as high as there are fewer players.    I don't play so chances are good that I won't win. 😁

At twenty years old I'm not sure I would take the reduction of the lump sum payout.  You would still get over $20 million, pre tax, every year with the extended payout and the tax hit could be much better over the longer term.