mr.d

Carrie Underwood Received Facial Injuries In Fall

Carrie Underwood says she's "not quite looking the same" after facial stitches

Carrie Underwood at the 51st annual CMA Awards on Nov. 8, 2017, in Nashville, Tenn.

Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP

"There is also another part of the story that I haven't been ready to talk about since I have still been living it and there has been much uncertainty as to how things will end up," she wrote. "It's crazy how a freak random accident can change your life."

Underwood continued, "In addition to breaking my wrist, I somehow managed to injure my face as well. I'll spare you the gruesome details, but when I came out of surgery the night of my fall, the doctor told [Underwood's husband] Mike that he had put between 40 and 50 stitches in."

The singer said that seven weeks after the accident, she is still "not quite looking the same," and is not ready to share a photo of her face at the moment. 

"When I am ready to get in front of a camera, I want you all to understand why I might look a bit different," she explained. 

Underwood canceled a benefit concert after her injury. Recently, she shared a selfie on Instagram in which her face was covered by a scarf. 

7 hours ago, Bon said:

Why didn't she have plastic surgery?

She needs to listen to Montgomery Gentry's "Tattoos & Scars"

She probably did and that's why she's warning everyone she will look "different".    Seems to be milking it in my opinion.

23 hours ago, Titan said:

She probably did and that's why she's warning everyone she will look "different".    Seems to be milking it in my opinion.

True!!

I have lots of scars, they tell the story of my life. I think Carrie should of left the cut heal with the stitches. Thats part of who we are!! We aren't perfect & covering up any cuts, & getting your eyes lifted, chin lift, etc, only makes you look perfect in your own eyes.

We as humans really need to get past what the outside of a person looks like & look deeply into their heart. Listen to what they say, how they say it, feel what they say.