What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
soccermom

IUP Student from Tyrone Kicked Out of Class for Telling Professor There Are Only Two Genders

Yes, and sometimes those who don't want to hear it at all will suddenly hear something they might agree with, even partially.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

If anyone here believes that the student in question was reinstated out of a sense of fair play and and admittance that his constitutional rights were violated  I've got a castle in Scotland that I'm willing to sell for a mere pittance. It even has a hot and cold running moat. It's the publicity. Makes the university look really bad. Academic freedom is a thing of the past. I see no reason why a college student in a religion class should have to listen a lecture on the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,”  What does that have to do with religion?  in a class on Christianity, Judaism, etc religion can only be taught in a public university as a factual or comparative course. If the point of the lecture was to condemn Christianity and its role in the suppression of women or the wrongness of its stand on whatever then they are violating their agreement with the state from which they accept funding. Just like in the public schools they can neither condemn nor approve any religion universities supported by the public cannot stray into a condemnation of any religion or the effect is has on society. 

If I were sitting in a class where only one sex was permitted to speak I'd be out of there and demanding my tuition back and calling the ACLU.  That is blatant discrimination and the sexism that the speaker was evidently condemning. 

Words must be used with care. Biologically speaking there are two sexes unless something has gone really weirdly wrong. We have twisted the word gender to be synonymous with sex or as a more polite way of saying sex when granny is around. Technically it isn't the same thing.  Gender is an aspect of cultural and is used in such ways as to describe behavior within a culture such as gender appropriate clothing or gender specific bathrooms.  People don't have gender, things have gender. Still the man had an opinion and should not be kicked out of class for voicing it or for being male. An what exacting is "mansplaining"?  Sounds like something Desi used to say to Lucy. 

1 hour ago, lavender said:

If anyone here believes that the student in question was reinstated out of a sense of fair play and and admittance that his constitutional rights were violated  I've got a castle in Scotland that I'm willing to sell for a mere pittance. It even has a hot and cold running moat. It's the publicity. Makes the university look really bad. Academic freedom is a thing of the past. I see no reason why a college student in a religion class should have to listen a lecture on the “reality” of “mansplaining,” “sexism from men,” and “male privilege,”  What does that have to do with religion?  in a class on Christianity, Judaism, etc religion can only be taught in a public university as a factual or comparative course. If the point of the lecture was to condemn Christianity and its role in the suppression of women or the wrongness of its stand on whatever then they are violating their agreement with the state from which they accept funding. Just like in the public schools they can neither condemn nor approve any religion universities supported by the public cannot stray into a condemnation of any religion or the effect is has on society. 

If I were sitting in a class where only one sex was permitted to speak I'd be out of there and demanding my tuition back and calling the ACLU.  That is blatant discrimination and the sexism that the speaker was evidently condemning. 

Words must be used with care. Biologically speaking there are two sexes unless something has gone really weirdly wrong. We have twisted the word gender to be synonymous with sex or as a more polite way of saying sex when granny is around. Technically it isn't the same thing.  Gender is an aspect of cultural and is used in such ways as to describe behavior within a culture such as gender appropriate clothing or gender specific bathrooms.  People don't have gender, things have gender. Still the man had an opinion and should not be kicked out of class for voicing it or for being male. An what exacting is "mansplaining"?  Sounds like something Desi used to say to Lucy. 

I agree with everything you've said here. As to mansplaining, it happens all the time on this forum.