What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
mr.d

207 Million Eggs In 9 States Recalled Over Salmonella Fears

207 million eggs in nine states recalled over salmonella fears

A farm in Indiana is recalling more than 200 million eggs sold in nine states over salmonella fears.

Rose Acre Farms voluntarily recalled 206,749,248 eggs due to potential contamination with Salmonella Braenderup, the Food and Drug Administration said in a statement.

At least 22 illnesses have been reported so far, the FDA said Friday.

The eggs were sold through retail stores and restaurants. They reached consumers in Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia.

"Consumers with these eggs shouldn't eat them," FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said. "Throw them away or return them to place of purchase for credit or refund."

Brand names included Country Daybreak, Boburn Farms, Crystal Farms, Sunshine Farms and Glenview, with some eggs sold at Walmart and Food Lion stores.

Salmonella Braenderup is an organism that causes serious and sometimes fatal infections, especially in young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.

Symptoms include fever, nausea, diarrhea and abdominal pain.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/207-million-eggs-in-nine-states-recalled-over-salmonella-fears/ar-AAvT89s?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCDHP

I just looked at the list on the FDA recall list, and the Great Value eggs I bought recently at the DuBois Walmart are on the list.  Check your UPC codes! 

If anyone wants fresh local eggs then I have a few dozen.  Just let me know.  I deliver.  371-3322.  Buy local.

You can also check for local growers at www.budsgardeners.com on the "Grow Local" page.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

On 4/16/2018 at 9:03 AM, cwcmom said:

I just looked at the list on the FDA recall list, and the Great Value eggs I bought recently at the DuBois Walmart are on the list.  Check your UPC codes! 

UPC codes are universal, this is the important part - All of the eggs come from plant number P-1065, with a "date range of 011 through date of 102 printed on either the side portion or the principal side of the carton or package." 

No matter where you buy your eggs you should always cook them to above 160 degrees.  

While the danger of getting Salmonella from raw eggs is well known, raw flour is often wrongly assumed as being safe to eat.

The CDC figures about 1 in 50 consumers come in contact with a contaminated egg each year, so the risk isn't nothing.

12 more people sickened by contaminated eggs from North Carolina farm

12 more people sickened by contaminated eggs from North Carolina farm

Video Player is loading.
How Does Salmonella Get Into Eggs?
by Real Simple

Twelve more people from five states have been affected by the salmonella outbreak linked to the recall of millions of eggs produced by Rose Acre Farms' Hyde County farm.

Last month, more than 200 million eggs from the North Carolina farm were recalled because of bacterial contamination.

The eggs were shipped to restaurants and grocery stores in nine states.

Salmonella can cause nausea, diarrhea and, in rare cases, death.

As of April 16, 35 people from nine states had been sickened by the bacteria.

Consumers, restaurants and retailers are still advised not to eat, serve or sell recalled eggs produced by Rose Acre Farms’ Hyde County farm.

The eggs were sold under multiple brands, including Coburn Farms, Country Daybreak, Food Lion, Glenview, Great Value, Nelms, Publix, Sunshine Farms and Sunups.

Egg cartons with the following numbers were impacted: P-1065 (the plant number) and numbers between 011 and 102.

For Publix and Sunups egg cartons: Plant number P-1359D, with numbers 048A or 049A and best by dates of April 2 and 3.                                                                               SEE VIDEO REPORT ;     http://www.wtae.com/article/12-more-people-sickened-by-contaminated-eggs-from-north-carolina-farm/20666594