GoDuBois.com

What Ducks Are Better?

Bon

Thats why I want Muscovys. No one can b**** about the noise!! :yes: The hard part is finding some. TS doesn't have anymore birds. RK doesn't carry them around here. Time to look a little further away!!

I found them!! A simple little ad & I'm going to go get them tomorrow!! 1 male & 2 females, 7-8 months old, already laying fertilized eggs (which I don't really care about).

Now to think of names!!! 😀

On 5/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, Bon said:

Thats why I want Muscovys. No one can b**** about the noise!! :yes: The hard part is finding some. TS doesn't have anymore birds. RK doesn't carry them around here. Time to look a little further away!!

There are some weird looking ducks wandering the streets of Clearfield. I was told they were Muscovys. Might want to go over and see if they are still there. I'm sure they would be happier with you than being homeless in Clearfield. 

13 hours ago, Bon said:

I found them!! A simple little ad & I'm going to go get them tomorrow!! 1 male & 2 females, 7-8 months old, already laying fertilized eggs (which I don't really care about).

Now to think of names!!! 😀

Already laying fertilized eggs? And we have proven Petee can hatch?

Sounds like a business opportunity to me :D

OK, I'm game!  Great noodles too!

9 hours ago, sapphire said:

Possible dumb question: how does one keep their ducks in their yard? Brings new meaning to keeping your ducks in a row.... :huh:

Poultry Fence is the only way to keep them in and predators out.  Tractor Supply has a good one right now.  You used to have to order them from Premier One and pay shipping.

1 minute ago, Petee said:

Poultry Fence is the only way to keep them in and predators out.  Tractor Supply has a good one right now.  You used to have to order them from Premier One and pay shipping.

:thanks:that makes sense! 

Bait for people who love to cook with duck eggs!  You will definitely find takers.  If you want to give them away as food, then just collect them in the refrigerator.  If you want to give them to people to hatch and raise, then put them into an egg carton at cool room temperature and flip them daily till someone takes them.  If you want to let Mama raise her eggs, then give her an old barrel laid down flat with lots of straw inside and she'll probably hatch them out.

You may want to give them a swimming hole so they stay clean, but make sure it is somewhere that they can't drag dirt into it or it will be the local mud hole.

Got another egg today. So far there are no takers on the eggs. These ducks do not require a pool, they don't have the oil glands that all other ducks have. We will see once we get their house built.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:38 PM, Bon said:

I still have the 2 duck eggs in the fridge. How long are the good for?

For as long as you can stand staring at them wondering how they taste!  Make an omelet.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:56 PM, Petee said:

For as long as you can stand staring at them wondering how they taste!  Make an omelet.

No way!!! Think I found someone who wants them.