GoDuBois.com

Name this flower!

It looks to be some variety of Ageratum, but there are both garden and hardy varieties.  How tall is it?  Did you plant it this year or did it seed itself?  Which leaves (if any) in the picture belong to that flower?

It sure looks like a wild ageratum ( blue mist flower) and they are a native Pa wildflower. Is this a current photo? I ask because I normally see these blooming in late summer so I am not sure. The leaves are right and the flower is right though!

I've never seen one of those around here but yes, it looks like the perennial ageratum (Conoclinium coelestinum ). Check and see if it is spreading by rhizomes. They are a great plant for butterflies. I've got a spot for it if you want rid of some of it. 

3 hours ago, Sanibel said:

It sure looks like a wild ageratum ( blue mist flower) and they are a native Pa wildflower. Is this a current photo? I ask because I normally see these blooming in late summer so I am not sure. The leaves are right and the flower is right though!

The photo was from Sept. 2017.

I've planted them but they didn't stay.  I don't think I had them is a damp enough location but maybe I can start them when we do the Winter Germination, then we could have them at the BUDS Plant Bazaar next year.  We are at the northernmost tip of their growing range.  They do attract butterflies.

This is an excellent website for them:  http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=j870