GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
GROUNDHOG

whats going on near dr. doolittles,road is closed

Accident (2 vehicles,  reported 1 vehicle on its side) in front of Dr.Doolittles.  St.38,36 and ambulance respond.   Setup LZ at Miller Brother's on Rt.830

Guest Roger Natti

Speaking of Doolittles, I recently heard that they opened a pizza parlor.  Anyone try it, and how does their pizza compare with other establishments in the area (Franks, Firehouse, etc.)?

we tried their pizza.....it was pretty good...bad thing    only 1 size pizza

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

It's no wonder there was an accident there. Trying to turn left out of their lot is difficult at times. 

That whole site needs something done. It definitely could use more (and better) parking. Most times, we wind up parking up the hill and having to walk down to the party barn/laser tag building.  

I've heard good things about their pizza, but I haven't tried it yet.

Drivers need to learn to WAIT for a safe opening.  We are there on occasion and see so many people trying to beat the oncoming cars because they don't want to wait any longer.  Even a Stop Sign like they have in Mahaffey would be good so the bad drivers have a better chance of getting out without causing a pileup.

The whole Doolittles site is in development.  Who knows what he has planned.  It will be interesting.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, gopsu said:

It's no wonder there was an accident there. Trying to turn left out of their lot is difficult at times. 

That whole site needs something done. It definitely could use more (and better) parking. Most times, we wind up parking up the hill and having to walk down to the party barn/laser tag building.  

I've heard good things about their pizza, but I haven't tried it yet.

I mentioned parking lines to manager it would help . Way people park the only type of vehicle could have parked in the handicap spot would have a motorcycle.  The other day got behind woman in SUV, she was going to head to DuBois. As long as she saw a vehicle even at a distance she sit there. I probably had time to eat my takeout

Because traffic is coming fast from both directions and three lanes, I usually wait for a larger opening too.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Honestly I just don't go there at all and it solves the parking and pulling out of the parking lot issue.  I'm sorry I know everyone likes their food but I have yet to have anything there that I feel the need to go back for. Especially if I have to deal with that mess!

1 hour ago, Sunshyn said:

Honestly I just don't go there at all and it solves the parking and pulling out of the parking lot issue.  I'm sorry I know everyone likes their food but I have yet to have anything there that I feel the need to go back for. Especially if I have to deal with that mess!

We love the food and would go a lot but now it's a mess and parking is a mess so we havent been either. 

We couldn't even get into the lot the other night so I went to the driveway normally used as the exit.  I barely got off of the road and there was no place to park.  It's getting busier and busier but we really like their ice cream after a busy day.  Dr Doolittle's is the same way, hit it at a busy time and you have a hard time parking.  Both places you have to look carefully before you pull out because of fast traffic coming from several different directions and different lanes.

Albert Einstein

On 6/13/2018 at 5:40 PM, Lyndsey33 said:

Over the Top? Their lot isnt a mess and it isn't hard to park there. 

I agree. They have actual painted lines, so you know exactly where to park. There's probably at least 15-20 parking spots there.