GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Bill To Ban Abortions For Down Syndrome Takes Steps In Senate

Bill to ban abortions for Down syndrome takes step in Senate

c6a5b7d9-d64d-4997-94f1-ca234e600653-lar

Bill to ban abortions for Down syndrome takes step in Senate (AP)

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- A proposal to prohibit abortions in Pennsylvania when the sole reason is that the fetus has or may have Down syndrome is advancing in the Republican-controlled state Senate.

The bill won passage in the Senate Judiciary Committee on a party line basis Wednesday. It passed the Republican-majority House in April by a comfortable margin, 139 to 56, but Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf opposes it.

Supporters say it would protect a vulnerable population. Opponents respond that it would violate the right of women to make their own decisions about abortion and caution against forcing parents to raise children with the genetic chromosomal disorder.

Pennsylvania law allows abortions up to 24 weeks of pregnancy for any reason except to choose the gender                                                                                                                                                                       http://wjactv.com/news/local/bill-to-ban-abortions-for-down-syndrome-takes-step-in-senate

I have some friends who have Downs.  I can't imagine the world without them.  They have more love, and caring, and happiness than most people.  It exudes from them.  They are a blessing to my life and the lives of others.  They are also smart and kind.  I love them sooooo much.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"